PDA

View Full Version : Do hookers have a right to a "normal" life, post-retirement?

Easy E
08-30-2003, 09:49 PM
Should a former prostitute be allowed to start a "normal" family life, raise kids, join community groups, etc. without getting harassed or embarrassed by former customers and others in the know?

If something would happen in public along those lines, would the husband/wife/significant other have the right to defend, verbally or physically, the former pro?

Wake up CALL
08-30-2003, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should a former prostitute be allowed to start a "normal" family life, raise kids, join community groups, etc. without getting harassed or embarrassed by former customers and others in the know?

If something would happen in public along those lines, would the husband/wife/significant other have the right to defend, verbally or physically, the former pro?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is like when you become a politician or a movie star. You sacrifice your future privacy for choosing your past profession and lifestyle. Why should a hooker be able to walk away from their notoriety? They made a conscience choice of lifestyle and should be prepared for whatever negative consequences may follow. The rest of us are under the same obligations from the choices we make. A hooker should be different?

brad
08-30-2003, 10:03 PM
im assuming you mean women starts normal life and like is on pta board (for some reason i think thats easy) or school board (ok thats pretty hard, elective office)

and someone attacks her as being a former prostitute.

in that case i think she can obviously defend but i think attackers have right to question her judgement.

--

otoh, if she has normal life as a hausfrau then i think anyone is way outta line to attack her and her defense acquires the legitimacy of righteous self defense.

Cyrus
08-31-2003, 03:34 AM
Buildings, politicians and prostitutes all get it in old age.