PDA

View Full Version : Playing Scary River cards

Ian M.
08-30-2003, 09:10 PM
Party 1/2. Loose passive table.

**HAND 1**

I raise with Qd Qc in UTG+2. 2 coldcallers, BB calls.

Flop: 3h 5h 9h

BB checks, I bet, MP calls, MP2 raises, BB folds, I reraise, everyone calls.

Turn: 7c

I bet, MP and MP2 call.

River: 4h

I check, MP checks, MP2 bets. I call, MP calls. MP2 has AhK.

How should I have played this river card? Should I have bet out and folded to a raise? Check and fold?

**HAND 2**

I'm dealt 9s 9h in MP. 4 folds to me, and I raise. MP calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 8s 6c 7c

SB checks, the BB bets into me, I raise. MP cold calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: 5c

SB checks, BB bets into me again, I raise. MP folds, SB folds, BB calls.

River: Qc

BB bets into me, I call.

Should I have called this when I've shown strenth on 3 streets and he bets into me again? Is this an easy fold?
Thanks.

Ian

Dynasty
09-04-2003, 04:40 AM
You should be much more inclined to fold in the first hand than the second. The presence of a third player in the pot makes it much more likely that somebody was drawing to a one-card flush, especially since the third player too some heavy action on the heart,heart,heart flop.

In the second hand, you can take something unexpect from the hand. How often do you think you should be betting heads-up on four-flush boards when first to act?

Ian M.
09-04-2003, 11:40 AM
You're right about the first hand and the third player involved. I guess at the time I was thinking because I checked the river, there was some chance that the player could be bluffing on my weakness shown. If the third player called before it was my action, I definitely wouldve folded.

Good point about the second hand, that was a very good opportunity for him to bet into me if he didnt have the flush. I may have been a little bit results oriented since I lost the hand.