PDA

View Full Version : question of randomness at truepoker.com

sleevelessAce
08-30-2003, 05:00 AM
i was wondering if anyone else has noticed the way the cards are dealt at truepoker.com. it appears to me that the boards fill in a way that encourages more betting and does not appear truly random. i am new to internet poker but have played in cardrooms for a while. what i'm trying to say ultimately is that i know randomness when i see it and what appears to be happening at truepoker makes my confidence about continuing to play online a bit shaky. any feedback would be nice, particularly from online veterans who can recommend another site where they feel confident that the cards are truly randomly generated. thanks.

happyjaypee
08-30-2003, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i was wondering if anyone else has noticed the way the cards are dealt at (insert any poker site name here).com . it appears to me that the boards fill in a way that encourages more betting and does not appear truly random. i am new to internet poker but have played in cardrooms for a while. what i'm trying to say ultimately is that i know randomness when i see it and what appears to be happening at (insert any poker site name here).com makes my confidence about continuing to play online a bit shaky. any feedback would be nice, particularly from online veterans who can recommend another site where they feel confident that the cards are truly randomly generated. thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sry but every site as been somehow accused of this at one time or an other. Yet many of use win a lot online. Forget about it and concentrate on improving your game.

-Happy /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wake up CALL
08-30-2003, 11:33 AM
" what i'm trying to say ultimately is that i know randomness when i see it"

Yes and I recognize a Do Do bird when I see it but Thomastem is the only person I know who actually has one in his herd.

Mike Haven
08-30-2003, 12:56 PM
what are you? some sort of killjoy, or something?

you come on an internet poker forum that has been established for years and tell us that the game we play is fixed because you can see from one or two day's play that the cards aren't generated randomly?

hey - everyone else! why the hell didn't any of you see this and tell us?

well - that's it i guess - good luck all - maybe see you at a cribbage game - no, that's cards too

chess anyone?

Inthacup
08-30-2003, 01:02 PM
chess anyone?

King me!

pudley4
08-30-2003, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i was wondering if anyone else has noticed the way the cards are dealt at truepoker.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I noticed - the dealer deals cards to all ten players at the same time...weird.

[ QUOTE ]
it appears to me that the boards fill in a way that encourages more betting and does not appear truly random.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I noticed the same thing - the boards always fill from left to right - definitely not randomly across the table

[ QUOTE ]
i am new to internet poker but have played in cardrooms for a while. what i'm trying to say ultimately is that i know randomness when i see it

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'd have to disagree with you there - the online sites are more random than a human dealer.

[ QUOTE ]
any feedback would be nice, particularly from online veterans

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I've got 1 1/2 years experience at TruePoker

[ QUOTE ]
who can recommend another site where they feel confident that the cards are truly randomly generated. thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, sorry, can't help you then.

daryn
08-30-2003, 07:28 PM
what a nerd

Poker Advantage
08-30-2003, 07:38 PM
In my experience true poker's deal is very random.

It is the players that are the non random ones. The players at true poker make you think the flops are off, because they play so poorly. My friend and I classify most of the players at true poker as, mainly woman who are on social security.

Josh

rusty JEDI
08-30-2003, 08:02 PM
To be honest with you pokeradvantage before this last post i thought you were simply a plague on this forum trying to sell your useless site. But this last post I feel you hit it on the head. Thanks for contributing.

The reason that i liked this post was because in a post long ago i referred to the truepoker players as a bunch of broke-down housewives. However during this last reload bonus these broke-down housewives gave me a quick $h!t kicking, but since then i have started to give it right back to them. Thanks for flipping that switch back David.

Poker Advantage
08-30-2003, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the nice words rusty. But why did you have to say my site was crappy lol? That wasnt very nice I have plans to do much more with it. It is only 4 days old

Josh

Adde
08-30-2003, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

But why did you have to say my site was crappy lol?

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh, here's some constructive critique of your site...

1) Handle the screen layout with care. Don't waste so much of the page with non-informative graphics (I'm talking about the left margin).

2) The navigation bar (the links) are quite hard to see and read. Move those to the left margin.

3) Organize the navigation bar as broader categorys ("Storys", "Sites", etc) instead of as narrow topics ("Onlince champ story"). Have each catorgoy link lead to a new page that lists all topics.

4) To hilite new content, have a News section at the first page with the most recent news, and a News category with archived news.

5) Pick a "theme" for your site. Don't try to cover everything, concentrate on a subset of poker topics. Frankly, do you think people will come to your site to check out tournament schedules? If the schedule are not accurate and updated all the time, it will be useless, and do you really wanna work that hard?

6) Don't promote your site until you have a substantial amount of content. First impressions come as one-of-a-kind, handle them with care.

7) Some minor things (sorry, couldn't resit it:-)...Don't indent the first word of paragraphs when writing for online medium, that is for print medium. Don't use underlined text as paragraph headers; that's bad web design since underlined text means a link to most people. Don't use so many different text colors. Stick to one same color for headers and one same for all other text (preferably the same color; use bold text to hilite headers).

And yes, I have way too much spare time /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good luck!

Poker Advantage
08-30-2003, 09:04 PM
Thanks a lot for the feedback. I will be considering it when I continue to edit the site. I have to figure out a way to link to other pages like you said to do. The colors can be changed. But the page layout has to remain as if I change something it all changes. I agree with the broader topics.

Thanks again,

Josh

MS Sunshine
08-30-2003, 09:49 PM
Yeah, he's just another stupid.....wait a minute.....he responded to a post that had no facts to back-up an incendairy statement. He made fun of the post.

Nevermind, carry on.

MS Sunshine

Wake up CALL
08-30-2003, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what a nerd

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you really mean nerd?

: an unstylish, unattractive, or socially inept person; especially : one slavishly devoted to intellectual or academic pursuits <computer nerds>