PDA

View Full Version : Here are a few more hands.

Requeim
08-30-2003, 03:08 AM
All the hands below are from party 3/6 tables,

hand 1:

I'm dealt J8o on the BB, 1EP limper, 1MP limper, CO, button and the SB all comes along, 6 to the flop.

Flop: 2,7,9 rainbow which gives me an overcard with my gutshot(7 clean outs?). It's checked to the MP limper who bets, all call except the EP limper, 5 to the turn.

Turn: 5. and now the SB bets out? did he make his straight? I fold, there were 2 callers, 3 to the river which is a T, I would've had my straight. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif And now the SB check and folds to a bet on the river?*boggle* The button drags the pot with 2 pairs, 7 and 10s.

Hand 2,

I'm dealt pocket 9's UTG+1, MP player raises, BB calls and I call, 3 to the flop.

Flop: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif BB checks, I bet out to see where i am, thinking maybe the PFR had 2 overcards, PFR raises(could be raising for a free card since he closes out the action for the round), BB calls(flush draw maybe) and I call, 3 to the turn.

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif BB checks again, and I bet out again, PFR calls, and BB calls, 3 to the river.

River:3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif now BB bets into me, I fold, and PFR calls. BB drags the pot with Queen high flush, but hand history shows the PFR having pocket Queens. Did I overplay my hand?

Hand 3:

I'm dealt pocket J's in MP, all 3 EP players limp, I raise, button cold calls, BB and the EP players all call, 6 to the flop.

Flop: 7,9,3 rainbow. Its checked to me, I bet, all call except the BB, 5 to the turn.

Turn: A. Its checked to me again, I bet and only UTG player calls, 2 to the river.

River: 8. Now UTG player bets into me, hmm, I call and drag the pot with my jacks, hand history showed him having T7. Anyone would raise here? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hand 4:

UTG player calls, I call from EP with pocket 9's, CO and the button calls, 5 to the flop.

Flop: 7,6,6 rainbow. Its checked to me, I bet out, CO raises, UTG cold calls, I 3-bet, CO caps it, UTG cold calls 2 more bets, 3 to the turn. Well, I found out what I needed to know.

Turn: 7. UTG and I check, CO bets, UTG calls and I fold.

River: 6. CO drags the pot with his quad 6's. Should I have 3-bet the flop, overplayed?

Hand 5:

I limp with pocket 9's from EP, 1MP limper, 3 to the flop.

Flop: 3,8,4 rainbow. BB bets, I raise, MP cold calls, BB calls, 3 to the turn.

Turn: 4. Its checked to me, I bet, both MP and BB calls, 3 to the river.

River 2. Its checked to me again, I bet, MP raises(did he slow play his set?), BB folds, I call, MP shows pocket kings and drags the pot. I know the need to vary your play, but isnt a bit risky to wait til the river to raise me?

Ed Miller
08-30-2003, 07:20 AM
Five hands in one post is hard to keep track of. You should split this into five posts, one for each hand. It is much easier to keep track of that way.

Having said that, I'll give you my comments:

Hand 2: I wanted to address an inconsistancy in your thought process. I bet out to see where i am...PFR raises(could be raising for a free card since he closes out the action for the round). How did your bet tell you "where you were" when how your opponent reacted to your bet told you nothing about his hand? He still could have overcards or an overpair. I'm not saying betting is wrong... I'm just saying that you aren't betting to "know where you are" because betting doesn't tell you where you are. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hand 3: I actually might have raised the river. Time and time again, these strange "bets from nowhere" that don't represent a specific hand turn out to be hands like fourth pair. Just calling is still probably best on the river, but you should routinely be raising these weird bets on the turn.

Hand 4: You played fine, IMO. You can't weenie out just because you get raised when you have an overpair, even if there is a pair on board. Too many times you will still have the best hand. And you made a solid fold on the turn, I think.

Hand 5: I'd be a rich man if I got dealt 99 every hand like you do. /images/graemlins/smile.gif As for the hand, KK should be raising preflop... but given that he didn't raise preflop, I actually like his slowplay. It's very hard to beat KK on a flop like that, and the pot is small, so a slowplay is appropriate.

Robk
08-30-2003, 11:17 AM
In hand 1 you have a clear call on the turn with your double gutshot and an overcard which may still be good.