PDA

View Full Version : He limps, then reraises my bet PF, and now he's checking the flop???

banditbdl
08-30-2003, 02:00 AM
I was playing some live 2-4 holdem tonite and ran into some problems. On my 5th hand of the night I'm dealt AQo in CO-1, UTG limps, folds to me and I raise, fold, fold, SB calls, BB folds and now UTG reraises me. I'm immediately worried about AA or KK, cuz these are really the only hands I've ever seen this play made with. I call(not sure about this) SB calls and the flop comes 6, 4, 3 rainbow. Now the limp-reraiser just checks (WTF?!?). I'm confused and just check. (maybe a big mistake) The turn is a 5 putting 4 to the straight on the board, SB bets, the limp-reraiser folds, and I contemplate calling but ultimately fold. The limp-reraise preflop followed by the flop check had me so confused that I played the rest of the hand horribly in my opinion. How should I have played this hand and what should I do next time something like this happens? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

lunchmeat
08-30-2003, 02:22 AM
Definitely an unorthodox play on the part of the limp-raiser. My guess is that he was either a clueless fish or thought you were a maniac with a crap hand. If he played like crap the rest of the session I think you have your answer.

onegymrat
08-30-2003, 02:40 AM
Hi Bandit,

You're right about the limp-raise move being done with monster hands like AA or KK, but you usually see this move in higher limits when the reraiser wants to isolate a maniac. The reraiser most likely had two face cards and decided to juice up the pot. That happens a lot in low limit games. In your case, I would have bet the flop, which could help you represent a pocker pair. Your turn fold was fine.