PDA

View Full Version : 2+2'ers at Foxwoods II

Barry
08-29-2003, 08:54 PM
Hi All -

It looks like their will be another contingent of 2+2'er at Foxwoods on Sep 6 and 7. I'll be there with Angel_Fish, KurnsonofMogh, JTG51, LarryJoeFish33, and our very own Carpal Tunnel Homer J. Simpson will be there as well.

There is a limit HE tournement on Sat and a NL HE one on Sunday if any are interested. Just be sure to be there by 9AM to sign up or you'll be shut out.

If any other folks want to meet up, PM me and we can exchange cell #'s

RiverMel
08-29-2003, 11:00 PM
I just may make it up there.. Sounds like fun, I'll let you know.

JTG51
08-29-2003, 11:18 PM
If I can manage to get another 300 posts in by next weekend, I believe this would be the first ever meeting of Carpal Tunnel posters on the East Coast. Someone alert the media.

daryn
08-30-2003, 12:10 AM
i will be in the NL tourney on sunday, see you all there

Barry
08-30-2003, 11:44 AM
If you want to play in the tournaments either day, KurnsonofMogh has said that 8:30 AM would be a better time to show up. They have been selling out quickly as of late. Registration opens at 9 and the cards are in the air at 10

Must be WPT WSOP and the closing of MS's poker room

daryn
08-30-2003, 07:35 PM
actually now that i think about it, i remember seeing fliers that said due to the holiday weekend there would be no tourneys this week, is this correct? oh well see you next sunday

CrackerZack
08-30-2003, 09:45 PM
I've been a slacker about actually making it to foxwoods, but since mohegan will be closed at this point, I'll get up there. Is everyone planning on staying over?

Byrn
08-31-2003, 01:54 AM
Hmm you guys do know football season will be in full swing next week, right? Good Timing /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'd like to make it down. Will there be an unofficial breakfast event? In the sports bar/cafe thing next to the poker room perhaps?

Fmonti
08-31-2003, 11:45 AM
This weekend was the no tournament weekend. (Laborday weekend.) Also I concur with Kurn about being in line by 8:30 on Saturday. I was in line @ 8:40 a few weeks ago and was #180. GL

Homer
08-31-2003, 12:48 PM
Is everyone planning on staying over?

I'll be staying over Friday and Saturday night...probably down in Niantic/Mystic/New London/Groton area.

-- Homer

Homer
08-31-2003, 12:48 PM
Hmm you guys do know football season will be in full swing next week, right?

Yeah but my Eagles don't play until Monday night, so it'll be all good.

-- Homer

Joe Tall
09-02-2003, 01:58 PM
At first I was thinking I'd be down there on Friday and Sunday, most likely not on Saturday. But now I'm reminded about football on Sunday and if there is a large enough contingency of 2+2ers, I'll make it later on Saturday. I'll bring my 500 chip set, who knows maybe a room game will occur?!?

Peace,
Larry Joe

Barry
09-08-2003, 04:18 PM
It was great to see JTG, Homer and LarryJoe again as well as to meet MaxPower and Big Lick. Dinner Saturday night was great. Next time we go to the Bistro though; it's a much shorter walk.

34TheTruth34, it was good to realize who you were, since we had played so many times at the Sun previously. By the way, I won't talk about the hand that I watched you play after dinner. Kurn, sorry we missed you, but we all played until very late Sat nite and slept in Sun AM.

CrackerZack
09-08-2003, 04:34 PM
I also had a great time and can't wait for the next one. Maybe next time we'll head to AC and try to get some of the AC regulars involved. Too bad only Barry and LarryJoe seemed to have any success at the tables.

Dinner was great. I forgot how much fun it was to sit around with a sizeable group of people that are all excited about poker. It was great meeting all of you and what a fun and friendly group of people.

Thanks to all for a great time and I look forward to seeing all of you again.

--Zack

MaxPower
09-08-2003, 05:05 PM
I had a great time. Dinner was great and it was fun to get to know you guys.

I also got to play with Barry, Angelfish, my alter-ego Homer J. Simpson and LarryJoeFish.

I happened to be in AC a few years ago during the ATLARGE gathering of RGP posters. I played in the pink game with them and didn't think much of their play. These 2+2ers are the real deal.

Kurn, son of Mogh
09-09-2003, 08:41 AM
we all played until very late Sat nite and slept in Sun AM.

I figured as much. I busted out of the tourney at the 100/200 level, when my QQ ran into KK and AA. Poor guy with Aces busted out, too when both a Q and a K flopped.

Joe Tall
09-09-2003, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
we all played until very late Sat nite and slept in Sun AM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for me, I played staight into the Sunday AM and could have been racking up at 8AM when you were arriving Kurn, I just couldn't leave that game I was in no matter how many times AngelFish asked me.

And frankly, AngelFish was up a rack before Homer, MaxPower, BigLick and Barry, all sat down at her table (she brought them all there) but if you ask her what she left with and if she'd do it again, I'm sure she'd reconsider.

At one point I look over and saw AngelFish, Barry, Homer and BigLick sitting all around the hook of the table...talk about 'Amen Corner'! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Thank you for inviting me down you'all and I'm sure if I wasn't severly hung over I would have played much better better but I did manage a 20BB win.

AC sounds cool? Are you going to fly us down Barry? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Great seeing you'all,
Joe

MaxPower
09-10-2003, 12:06 AM
It was nice of Angelfish to pull me out of a bad game and into her good game. She won a few chips off me and I'm gratefull enough not to mention the hand she limped in with.

Playing with you was an experience Joe. I don't think I'll ever forget the hand you played with the A5 - that was genius. You were playing the player and not the cards.

Joe Tall
09-10-2003, 08:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Playing with you was an experience Joe. I don't think I'll ever forget the hand you played with the A5 - that was genius. You were playing the player and not the cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you very much Max. I would like to post the hand, however, there are so many things that led up to that hand that I'm not sure if I could explain it well enough to avoid getting my a$$ kicked in small stakes. (since it was purely a 'poker' play and not a 'mathmatical' play)

I did notice that you got rivered-multiple times. A few times in my head, I was screaming, 'lay it down'. However, I was well aware that you had just arrived at that table and were unsure of what to think of those players who bet into the preflop raiser (which seemed to bet the going thing at that table).

Make sure you PM me next time you head down to Fox, I'll meet you and 'Lick' down there for sure. Great meeting you.

Chow,
JT

Barry
09-10-2003, 09:39 AM
Yep, Angel_Fish wished that she had left us all in our own games as she gave back a little more than 50% of it after she dragged us into the game. It wasn't so bad as I wound up up a little more than she gave back.

She "asked", well "made" me, get up from a good 10/20 game to join her on Sunday night at her 4/8 table. She wasn't real happy when I raised with AQs, she 3-bet with KK and 2 Q's flopped. Somewhere in the hand I got in a checkraise (after, of course, the rake was maxed out).

I'm going to be with my kids or in Vegas for the next 4 weeks. Maybe Columbus day weekend for AC?

What has happenened to Homer and JTG? I know that they had tough weekends but... Come back we miss you!

Maybe they've been spending all their time at Party catching up.

Barry
09-10-2003, 09:52 AM
I will...

It was folded to her in CO (I think), she limped and Max raised out of the BB. AF looks at him and says something like "What are you doing, I'm just trying to limp in"

Flop was 246, Max bet, she called

Turn was a 5, Max bet, AF raised, and he scratched his head and called.

River was a blank, Max checked, AF said, "Just because its you, I'll check too."

Max turns over his QQ and AF shows her T /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif for the turned gutshot str8. Geez darling, if you're going to play that hand at least raise with it!

Of course Max, that was just payback for when I folded my AJo "just because it was you" when you raised UTG with your KK. Of course the flop was AJJ.

JTG51
09-10-2003, 01:15 PM
What has happenened to Homer and JTG?

I'm still here, it wasn't that bad a weekend! /images/graemlins/smile.gif