PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants in Vegas

08-21-2002, 12:43 PM
I'll be in L.V. in the fall with my wife. What are the five best restaurants in town?

08-21-2002, 01:54 PM
I usually don't shell out the big bucks for the new branches of gourmet restaurants there, so my opinion is limited. Those places all are probably good. For steak I strongly recommend Delmonico at the Venetian, Emeril's steak house. Very good. Venetian has a bunch of good restaurants including the branch of Lutece.

Andres is not a branch of a NY or LA eatery, has been around there a long time, and has a very good reputation.

08-21-2002, 01:59 PM
There are many great restaurants in town. A lot depends on how much you want to pay. Two very good ones are Kokomos at The Mirage, and The Tillerman on Flamingo (close to Eastern).

08-21-2002, 05:31 PM
from what I understand, Lotus of Siam (somewhere off the strip) is the best Thai restaurant in AMERICA!!

08-21-2002, 05:33 PM
delmonico steakhouse

emerils new orleans fish house

postrio

picasso

renoir

just my two cents--i also had a great experience with my wife (fiancee of one day at the time)at hugo's cellar--good food but great atmosphere.

Pat

08-21-2002, 08:40 PM
Bruszio's @ Rio best seafood anywhere.

Paparazzi Grill @ San Remo.

If you like sushi, the sushi bar @ San Remo is the best in town. There used to be a sushi place on Flamingo & Maryland[?], dunno if its reopened.

08-21-2002, 08:44 PM
... the Fatburger on the Strip, across from the Monte Carlo? Get it broiled, although they shut the broiler down around 11pm for cleaning[open 24 hrs]. Fantastic fries, the big steak kind; refillable drinks; great people watching.

08-22-2002, 04:18 PM
I've eaten at most of the highly touted establishments and Delmonico's at the Venetian is hands down the best restaurant in town.