PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker for Tourneys - Help Wanted

Prickly Pete
08-29-2003, 03:37 PM
I first posted this in the Tournament forum and got little feedback.

I recently purchased Poker Tracker and can see the benefits for ring game play. However, I play mostly SNGs right now and I'm really interested in the tourney features in Version 2.0. I've imported about 140 tourneys so far.

My problem is I don't really know how to interpret the data I have. I don't care about the wins/losses for me as I already have that data elsewhere. I'm mainly trying to find leaks in my game. Does anyone know of any telltale stats to look at?

WOOHOO!!! I'm now a "member". /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Adde
08-29-2003, 04:49 PM
For me, I think that tournaments are so different to ring games that I hardly can draw any conclusions about the "game play". Rather, I would/will use it to track my (and others) results.

When I first imported my tourneys into the beta software, I was surprised to see that I did not finish in the money as often as I thought I was; it is quite easy to "over-estimate" from your memory. With PokerTracker I cannot fool myself:-)

For instance, if you see that you frequently get the 3rd place when you are in the money, you might get a hint that you need to alter your strategy; or if you finish 4th way too often, etc.

I'm not using the tourney stats in PokerTracker too often, though, so consider this my 2 tiny cents :-)