PDA

View Full Version : What do I do here

rjc199
08-29-2003, 02:33 PM
party 0.5/1, 8-handed, loose-passive

I get QQ in EP

UTG folds, I open raise, the CO cold calls, the button raises me, I cap, the CO cold calls again.

Flop [ K, J, 8 ] rainbow

I bet, call, button raises, I call, call. Do I lay it down to this raise now? The guy showed power pre-flop, but now he is raising me again. Look at this board. What possible preflop raising hands do I beat - TT, AQs, I lose to tons of other hands.

Turn [ 2 ]

I check call

River [ 5 ]

I check call

He had KQo, the cold caller had JTo.
After looking at this I feel stupid again. I have to actually try to think about what my opponant has from now on.

lil'
08-29-2003, 02:53 PM
You're going to get 17:1 on the flop call, assuming the CO calls again (which apparently he likes to do). That's alomst enough to call and peel one off for your 2 outer. If you don't hit it on the turn, muck.

Bob T.
08-29-2003, 02:57 PM
Not laying it down, wasn't the worst play ever, but you are right, there aren't that many hands that he could have where you are ahead.

I think that you also should have learned alot from this hand, look at what your two opponents had, and how they played.

The raiser, three bet, an EP raiser, and coldcaller, with a hand that figures to be behind both of them a lot of the time. Hope he does this some day, when you have AK, AA, or KK and you get the same flop.

The coldcaller, certainly isn't going to win much money, coldcalling with JT, and then letting the two of you battle while he calls, calls, calls, when he only has second pair, weak kicker. You would have to be generous, to say that his play on any street was weak. Maybe he had calls on the flop, and turn, but the river overcall was really hopeless. I think you want to remember him, and get him on your right, where his loose play will let his money drift into your stack.