PDA

View Full Version : Re:for Simpsons fans!

08-20-2002, 02:01 PM
last year there was an internet contest to name the favorite simpsons character (it was Monty Burns). i suggested to those running the website that they should do one for the best episode.

Those of you who are simpsons fans, i would be curious as to your favorite episodes. My favorites: The Tomacco epsiode and "The Springfield Files" with mulder and scully as guest stars.

Pat

08-20-2002, 04:53 PM
Three episodes come to mind:

1) The one where Frank Grimes gets the job at the power plant and becomes Homer's enemy

2) The one where Homer becomes sanitation commissioner

3) The one where Homer gets in trouble with the IRS and Burns steals the trillion dollar bill

The most comprehensive Simpsons website you could ever imagine...

http://snpp.com/

08-20-2002, 05:53 PM
The best one is the "behind the music" simpsons. It's amazing how many times they could go back to the same well and still get laughs.

08-20-2002, 07:44 PM
One of my favorites is the one where the Germans buy the power plant. There is the one dream sequence "the Land of Chocolat", plus the whole story is very tight.

There are several others that I would rate just as high.

D.

08-20-2002, 07:47 PM
Well, that episode definitely contained one of the best Simpsons quotes ever:

"I want to set the record straight: I thought the cop was a prostitute."

-Homer

08-20-2002, 11:05 PM
There's just something about the one with Christopher Walken reading Goodnight, Moon.

BTW, for a little light summer reading, I recommend The D'oh of Homer, a "serious" consideration of Simpsonian philosophy. The chapter on Maggie and Silence is very fine.

John

08-21-2002, 12:56 AM
One of the better ones was when George Bush moves next door. Homer fights George Bush (Sr). The ex-pres does some four-wheeling on homer's lawn, and general chaos throughout.

-Zeno

08-21-2002, 02:52 AM
too many to count.

i do like these:

monorail episode

whacking day

who killed burns (mmm... candy from a baby? sounds like a larf.)

the one where david hyde pierce plays sideshow bob's brother (what's his name?)

the halloween ones are usually pretty cool.

08-21-2002, 08:54 AM

08-21-2002, 08:57 AM
Also, (read in 'Behind the Music' voice)

"The Simpsons started as a wing and a prayer; but the wing was on fire, and the prayer had been answered... by Satan."

(cut to shot of laughing Satan over fiery cauldron)

08-21-2002, 12:58 PM
My favorite episodes are the one where they go to Marvin Monro for family bliss (or double your money back), The swear jar, and the one where Bart courts his teacher as Gordie Howe (strap on your skates Gordie, you're going in!)

08-21-2002, 08:30 PM

08-21-2002, 09:16 PM

08-22-2002, 05:24 AM
oooh, and the gummy venus de milo episode.

'Sweet candy...sweet candy'

and the one where burn's adopts bart, and tries to convince him his family doesn't love him anymore with a fake Simpsons family. the fake homer says 'Bah Oh' instead of 'Doh'... brilliant!

and the one with the 'see my vest' song.

also, 'Shari Bobbins'

and the one with 'in the garden of eden, by I. Ron Butterfly' (remember when we use to make to this hymn, Marge?)

Poochy... the leftorium