PDA

View Full Version : When a limit holdem game goes maniacal

slavic
08-29-2003, 03:57 AM
I played (or wrather blinded away) in a Party multi-table $10 tourney for a shot at there $250K tourney this weekend. I probably should have played a higher limit tourney because 4 bets on the flop by 5 people was the norm. The main maniac was the chippleader from the opening gun to about 2/3rds of the tourney then he spiraled down to nothing and busted. The problem was that it was such a low table I couldn't just wait for a normal table break rotation. When the mess ended I was chip weak and down to going all in on the flop on decent hands.

I realise that I probably got my self into the worst of situations, but I'm interested in seeing what others strategy is on a wild table. I certainly understand waiting for big pairs, and AK but they weren't comming often enough to keep me above average.

PlayerA
08-29-2003, 11:09 AM
If it's really 5 players to see the flop with all that action, then I think that you have to gamble and play drawing hands like suited connectors, small pps, and Axs. The problem with something like AKo is that if only hit your A or K, it is not likely to hold up since the pot will be huge enough for anyone to chase anything. With your drawing hands, you will get value for your draw (you just have to be wary of drawing 2nd best).