PDA

View Full Version : Funny old Schwarzenegger interview. A good read for Californians

sam h
08-28-2003, 11:19 PM
This is an interview published in 1979 in Oui Magazine when Arnold was just a body-builder. A few choice quotes.

On the connection between sexual prowess and bodybuilding:

"If you're in touch with your body, you certainly have an enormous sexual advantage. The mind-body connection is the same in sex as it is in training. If I tell myself to train the thighs, then the calves, it's boom, boom, mind-thighs, mind-calves, mind-this, mind-that. And it's the same with fxxking - mind-cock."

On homosexuality and bodybuilding (a little unfair taken out of context here):

"Men shouldn't feel like fags just because they want to have nice looking bodies."

On the possibility of breaking into acting and the types of roles he's looking for:

"I realize there's only one Arnold in the world, that there's never been an Arnold before, and the one thing that won't work on the screen is me being an ass-kicker...if there's one thing I ought to do, it's the unexpected...I probably should play the victim."

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/arnoldinter1.html

RiverMel
08-29-2003, 12:44 AM
Those quotes all sound fairly well-reasoned and fairly intelligent, actually.

sam h
08-29-2003, 12:53 AM
I never said that they were not. He doesn't come across badly in the interview. He's just kind of funny.

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-29-2003, 08:43 AM
He is an intelligent guy. And the GOP needs a big name who isn't a bible-beater.