PDA

View Full Version : Ray Zee Cruel To Animals!

08-19-2002, 05:02 PM
Well, I don't think so but somebody does /images/biggrin.gif. Check the link below.

08-19-2002, 05:13 PM
Rick,

I saw a PETA rep on The Bill O'Reilly show this past weekend discussing thsi very subject. It was a riot!!! He was asked to compare the torture of innocent fish to killing head lice and rats in NYC. Very funny!!!

Jimbo

08-19-2002, 05:29 PM
It is impossible to argue with those people since the axioms they base their arguements on are either non-existant or nonsense. These are the same people that make 12 year old boys wear football helmets in baseball games. I wish they would just move to France or something.

08-19-2002, 06:18 PM
I've always felt that with all the problems humans have in the world, why would someone choose to devote their life to protecting another species? I know about the interconnectedness of life, and native americans treatment of animals etc., and I don't openly advocate killing all dogs (although I would if I could get away with it), but PETA is a ridiculous organization.

However, almost as ridiculous is the following quote from the link:

"Our God-given right as Americans is to fish the rivers and streams," Kevin Hanson said.

I didn't know that among the inalienable rights given by God to Americans was the right to fish. Unless you're doing it with a gun. /images/wink.gif

There, that should be enough to create some enmity for me here; since Chris Alger and M are going to take a sabbatical from their colloquoy, we'll need someone for people to be angry at.

08-19-2002, 06:29 PM
"Unless you're doing it with a gun. "

That's the best kind of fishing.

(The quote re: God-given rights was hilarious.)

08-19-2002, 06:54 PM
"The filament lines are everywhere, the sinkers are everywhere, the beer cans are everywhere -- not exactly responsible stewardship," Friedrich said.

Picknickers leave trash strewn about, and campers leave food out that attracts bears, racoons, possums, skunks and other scavengers. should we ban those activities also?

08-20-2002, 12:13 AM
" Unless your doing it with a gun"

- and the bigger the fish, the bigger the gun you need! Very American.

-Zeno

08-20-2002, 12:59 AM
I don't keep the fish I catch and haven't for over 25 yrs. I'd guess PETA would love to keep me off the water. I have wondered many times how many fish I kill or injure inadvertently.

On some heavily fished waters I cringe when I land a fish with hooking sores and missing mandibles.

08-20-2002, 03:14 AM
Glenn,

You wrote: "I wish they would just move to France or something."

My vote for line of the year.

Regards,

Rick

08-20-2002, 10:45 AM
i do admit that i can see some of their point. it does hurt the fish and hunting is cruel. whether its for you or not is an individual thing. but when you eat that burger you must know that they hit the cow on the head with a mallet to kill him in many places. others shoot them with some kind of charge.

08-20-2002, 01:57 PM
what about dynamite fishing is that ok? :-)

Pat

08-20-2002, 02:11 PM