PDA

View Full Version : is it bad to put people on tilt?

Mr Radar
08-28-2003, 06:35 PM
i have found myself getting a little annoyed with players who whine alot or are mean to other players online. i know i need to keep my own self under control, but i can't help but provoke these people. they are almsot always easy to piss off, and there play gets worse.

i guess all is fair in love and war, but what about poker? is it wrong to try to put people on tilt? Even if there the prick at the table? Am I just stooping to there level?

jek187
08-29-2003, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i have found myself getting a little annoyed with players who whine alot or are mean to other players online.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love to set these morons off. Normally I come to the fish's defense by saying something like "His call drawing to the gutshot straight on a 4 flush board with a pair wasn't bad. It won didn't it? That means he must have played it right."

This has multiple good effects.
1) The fish is further encouraged to play badly in the future.
2) The berating moron now turns his attention from the fish to you.
3) Everyone else at the table thinks you're an idiot.

If it happens to tilt the berater, well that's just a shame isn't it. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Your Mom
08-29-2003, 09:43 AM
I do the same type of thing jek. What's wrong with it? If someone wants to act like an [censored], then I don't see how it can be wrong to act like an [censored] back and possibly tilt them.