PDA

View Full Version : KK strategy in BB

Odder
08-28-2003, 06:26 PM
would you occasionally slow play this or would you play aggressively?

I asked this because i recently was in the BB and decided to slow play KK for once with 6 players in the pot. 678 comes out on flop, I bet, 5 players call, turn is a 5, i bet, get raised and i fold, 10 comes on river, and 9/10s wins pot with a straight.

is this just a bad break for me with the flop and because i did not preflop raise, or is it sometimes a good way to throw off my opponents? or is it only good to slow play KK in the BB with only 2-3 players in the pot?

Copernicus
08-28-2003, 11:49 PM
Not a probability question, and also not a question that can be answered well with such limited information. There are situations where you would or wouldnt slow play KK. However, I would think there are relatively few situations where it is right, including a very short and tight table, where you would get no callers to a raise.

JasonM
08-29-2003, 02:18 PM
T9s is not gonna fold if you raise here. I sometimes like to slowplay big pocket pairs in the blinds depending on the players I am against. I think it is probably better to raise preflop though. A raise from the BB probably will not get anyone to fold.