PDA

View Full Version : PGA Moment

08-19-2002, 08:24 AM
I was rooting for either Tiger or Beem to win, so I enjoyed watching the back nine with the exception of Tiger's miserable 3 putt on the par 3. You have to love Tiger calling his shot, telling his caddie that if he birdied the last 4 he'd win. He then birdies the last 4. Amazing. But my favorite moment was when they showed Tiger watching Beem's winning putt and dance on TV. When I saw Beem do his little dance I laughed, as I suspect most people who follow golf did. Tiger watched him on the monitor with all the expression of a pathologist weighing your liver at an autopsy. He looked at Beem like some kind of insect or something. Then Tiger turned from the monitor and started playing around with the little 3 year old girl in there; he was totally engaged and friendly with her. Yeah, he can stay in the moment. He is a stone killer who will be there many times for anybody who hasn't already noticed.

08-19-2002, 12:48 PM
That shot was epic. One second he is emotionlessly watching the TV, and one second later he is genuinely smiling ear to ear and tossling that little girls hair. How cool.

08-19-2002, 12:55 PM
Tiger Woods == Class Act and how refreshing it is to see.

08-19-2002, 06:12 PM
...Tiger will say that not trusting his instinct on that first putt at 13 was what spurred him to:

- Win the NEC @ Sahalee by 15 shots

- Shoot a 57 when he next gets paired w/Beem

- Win the GS in '03.

The shot in the trailer was beyond classic. They had to slow it up he turned away so quick from the TV but he didn't blink or change expression at all, till he seen the kid.

BTW, if I were Butch Harmon I'd start adding more clients; prolly gonna have more time on me hands soon. Tiger didn't blink or change expression much either, when asked about him at the press conf. Little too much yappin' pre-tourney lately, although Tiger prolly will still consult w/him. Occasionally.

Beem showed tons of sack. Hope all the attention doesn't 'corporatize' him. Doubt he becomes a top ten regular, but who knows. He got a bit lucky on 16, but he putted great all week, and Tiger flinched on 11, 13, & 14, and he took advantage.

Think the Phold or Mr. Hingis make that 30 footer on 16, or else beat Tiger in the playoff? Not.

Good tae see Serge finally come up w/a big Sunday round in a major. Pity he was 14 shots back at the start.

Can't believe Leonard gripped like that. Of course, he didn't play well Sunday @ Winged Foot '97, nor the playoff at Carnoustie, either. I dunno about that "one of the great front runners" bit Feherty was talking about. He's no Tiger or Vijay. Much better at sneaking, like he did at Troon or the '98 Players.

Think Tiger's started thinking about the Masters yet? /images/smile.gif

08-21-2002, 08:00 AM
how espn is showing tiger and the littlegirl in it's news flash summaries..very striking..gr8 call hdpm...gl