PDA

View Full Version : Married in Vegas

Spartacus
08-28-2003, 04:07 PM
My girlfriend and I are going to Las Vegas next month for vacation and to get married! I am in charge of all the planning since it's my idea and it will be her third and she is skeptical. Anyway, I was wondering anyone had gone this route and could give me some direction of where to go and that kind of stuff.

We don't want anything elaborate, just a simple ceremony with a few friends in attendance. I can't take credit for the friends coming, I think it's just any excuse to go to Vegas. Suggestions?

angry young man
08-28-2003, 05:02 PM
Let us know how it goes, I can tell you I've considered saving 10 grand and going that route.

HUSKER'66
08-28-2003, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]
Think twice about running off to Vegas and marrying a woman who has been married twice before and is letting you make all the plans because she is "skeptical". Sorry, I realize that may not have come out right......the best of luck to you and your soon to be bride..........

TimTimSalabim
08-28-2003, 06:29 PM
Just make sure she doesn't spend all night at the roulette wheel like the girl in that Albert Brooks movie, or it might cost you more than the 10 grand.

Wake up CALL
08-28-2003, 06:37 PM
Look at the bright side. You may run into Robert Redford at the craps table and make a million bucks all in exchange for sharing.

youtalkfunny
08-29-2003, 05:01 AM
...she's telling you, RIGHT NOW, that there is no way this will last long-term.

SHE IS TELLING YOU THAT, RIGHT NOW!!!!

But if you're going to marry her anyway (and I'm sure that you are), go to the Little White Chapel, and hit the drive-up window. That's where I got married. Makes a nice story.

And it will make her wedding to *you* a stand out a little from the others....

Spartacus
08-29-2003, 09:29 AM
I was not looking for advice on the relationship. When we got together, she said she would never marry again because of her poor choice in men. I said fine unless we have a baby. Well we are having a little girl so we are tying the knot.

She should be skeptical as all I do is play cards and work part time!

Anyways, now that I have justified myself, anyone have any advice on a CHAPEL or the procedure?

pokerlover
08-29-2003, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Let us know how it goes, I can tell you I've considered saving 10 grand and going that route.

[/ QUOTE ]

10k. Ha! try 35

angry young man
08-29-2003, 11:03 AM
You've got to shop around. I have some friends that got married down in southern illinois, I was involved with it and it was a nice little wedding. Talked to them afterwords and they told me the whole thing (honeymoon included) cost about $2700. Around here people spend that much on the flowers.