PDA

View Full Version : 2 pair slammed by the set. Should I have avoided this?

DaNoob
08-28-2003, 02:21 PM
1st level of a single table NLHE tourney at UB. I'm in EMP and find myself with AJs. One limper to me, I limp, folded to button, who raises to 100. EP limper folds, and I call, hoping for a strong flop.

Flop comes AKJ rainbow.

I check, button bets pot, I reraise all-in. Called by KK and no help comes.

Should I have walked away from this hand at some point?

jon_1van
08-28-2003, 04:47 PM
blah,

I'm wouldn't really like to see this flop. The only typical raising hands you beat here are QQ and AQ.

If you do rather well these SNGs you should probably fold. Because it is early and you can probably wait for a better opportunity later. I would be too afraid of and AK,AA,KK,JJ. If it were latter in the tourney I would probably make the all in.

DaNoob
08-28-2003, 06:33 PM
So, would you have mucked PF? If not, would you have bet out on the flop and folded to a RR or check-folded?

I usually do very well in these SnG's, but every now and again I get overzealous and push all my chips in in the wront spot. It seems this was one of those times.

Thanks for your 2 cents.

Odder
08-28-2003, 06:46 PM
i usually dont risk my chips early in tournaments unless i know i have a very VERY good hand, but then again you did it on the flop, i think you just got caught pushin your chips in at the wrong time. sometimes i will do this play too then after im out then i realize i never thought what hands could have beaten me