PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Statistic

SirFoldsAlot
08-28-2003, 01:06 PM
My win rate skyrockets after 11:00PM EST on Wednesday Nights, man do I love the WPT.

One hand I remember although the exact details may be off, Party 1-2, I am on the button with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, betting is capped before it gets me, I call, 6 or so to the flop.

Flop is all rag, rag /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2 bets to me 4 people in I raise, everybody calls

Turn another diamond, one bet to me I raise, everybody calls

River is a black King, 2 people fold and i get into a raising war with the last guy. He shows 2 low diamonds and I take down a huge 30 something BB pot

Wednesday nights rule!

angry young man
08-28-2003, 01:38 PM
also wed. night.

AcJc mid position. 3 limp to me and I raise. 3 cold callers, SB folds, BB calls, limpers call. 8 to flop.

2cAh7c

limper bets, 2 callers, I call, call, call, raise, fold, 3 players call I 3 bet, player to my left caps, fold, call, fold call call. 5 to turn.

5c

I bet out, it gets capped 4 way. I scream "no pair" at the screen. River:

2h

I scream something else at the screen. I was up against 2s7s (the winner of a 51 big bet pot), Kc9c, and a naked ace.

SirFoldsAlot
08-28-2003, 01:52 PM
that happened to me last night, the river paired after I made the nut flush on the turn and of course someone makes their boat.

The best was when I had AA cracked on the river by 84s played from the EP for 3 bets pre-flop. I made the typical "nice river" comment about his play and the guy when on a tirade about my inability to read people and my "rookie" play...Unfortunately I had a bad run of cards and didn't have the opportunity to get any of his dead money, but he is now on my friends list. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

asdf1234
08-28-2003, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was up against 2s7s

[/ QUOTE ]

It was soooooted!

angry young man
08-28-2003, 04:36 PM
I made the typical "nice river" comment about his play

I haven't said "nice river" in at least 2 years. The card coming doesn't make them a bad player. "nice call on the flop" is much more apropo (sp?). Usually I just go with "well done" for any grievance. If they tirade I never know (summary without chat).

everyone likes to attack people for preflop mistakes because they're easily identified and there's a handy book that will tell you you're right and they're wrong. The player that called two cold with 27s was playing bad, certainly, but not as bad as the guy who had a real hand preflop (ATs or something) but then absorbed a cap on every street with just a pair of aces that was clearly, clearly no good (dead on the turn and just 3 outs before). For that matter the guy capping his King high flush (dead on the turn and virtually dead at the flop) after the river paired and he was 3 bet by someone showing strength the whole way is demonstrating a huge lack of understanding, even though K9s is a decent hand preflop. Eh whatever they're all animals.

lunchmeat
08-28-2003, 04:52 PM
Wednesday night I had AA cracked by a guy with 72s calling 2 cold pre-flop, then calling 2 cold on the flop with a pair of sevens, and 2 more when it was capped. He caught 2 pair on turn, and a boat on the river... Today I played the entire afternoon with a WPT newb. We spent the whole time talking about how cool Gus Hansen is. She lost her entire bankroll. I think I may have gotten 25% of it, but the number is probably closer to 20%.

Mavraam
08-28-2003, 05:25 PM
I love players like Gus Hanson. People see him go in with 83 suited and bluff someone out of a pot and think they can play anything they are dealt. Two problems with that:

First, they are playing limit poker not no-limit. I don't think a lot of people realize just how different they are.

Second, they aren't Gus Hanson.