PDA

View Full Version : Several selected hands for critique

Tosh
08-28-2003, 10:09 AM
These are taken from an online $1/$2 session I just played.. Thoughts and abuse welcome!

Hand 1: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in BB. I check 5 limpers. Flop is T /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I check fold.

Hand 2: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif in SB. I complete and 6 of us see the flop of 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I bet and 4 call. Turn is 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and I check fold. Can I call here, I guess I probably can? My flop semi bluff got too many callers for my liking and gave it up.

Hand 5: I get KK and have it folded on the turn by the crappy server. Would have won 20BB pot. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Hand 7: 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in BB. I check 2 limpers and the flop is 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Check-fold. Anyone try a bluff here ?

Hand 12: UTG+2 A /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG folds and I fold. The last 3 hands had been raised pre flop so I didn't fancy this hand in bad position.

Hand 16: SB K /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif. 5 limpers and the button raises. I fold. My reasoning is there could easily be a 3 bet behind me and my hand is possibly dominated.

Hand 20: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 off the button. 2 limp to me and I also limp. 5 see the flop. T /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Checked to me (I have the button) and I bet. All call. Turn is 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and the SB leads out. 2 call and I fold.

Hand 24: 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif in MP. 1 limp to me and I fold.

Hand 27: Red aces UTG. I open raise. 4 cold callers. SB folds and BB (good player reraises), I cap. 5 see the flop of J /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif. BB bets I raise next guy reraises. 4 see the turn for 3 bets each. 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Check to 3 bettor who bets, we all call. River is 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Check to raise who bets. The other 2 call and I fold. He shows T7 for a flopped straight.

Hand 28: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif in BB. I check 4 limpers and SB. Flop is T /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I bet and get 4 callers. Turn is J /images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB wakes up bets. I think and raise. 2 cold callers and SB calls. I'm now pretty sure I need to river a boat to win. River is 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif, no help. Check, check, bet, fold, fold, call and I call. He had Q8.

Inthacup
08-28-2003, 11:11 AM
Hand 16: SB K T . 5 limpers and the button raises. I fold. My reasoning is there could easily be a 3 bet behind me and my hand is possibly dominated.

Automatic fold. I wouldn't even worry about being 3-bet. The likelyhood of you being dominated out of position is reason enough to fold.

Hand 27: Red aces UTG. I open raise. 4 cold callers. SB folds and BB (good player reraises), I cap. 5 see the flop of J 8 9 . BB bets I raise next guy reraises. 4 see the turn for 3 bets each. 2 . Check to 3 bettor who bets, we all call. River is 8 . Check to raise who bets. The other 2 call and I fold. He shows T7 for a flopped straight.

You folded for 1 bet closing the action on the river? The 8 is a fairly good card for you. You just outdrew on J9. If you were worried about drawing dead from the flop 3-bettor, why didn't you fold on the turn?

Hand 28: 9 T in BB. I check 4 limpers and SB. Flop is T 9 2 . I bet and get 4 callers. Turn is J . SB wakes up bets. I think and raise. 2 cold callers and SB calls. I'm now pretty sure I need to river a boat to win.

What makes you pretty sure you need to river a boat?

Lost Wages
08-28-2003, 11:18 AM
Tosh,

Hand 1: Good

Hand 2: Remember, for semibluffing to be correct there has to be a reasonable chance everyone will fold. With five opponents there is no chance. I would have check called the flop and check folded the turn.

Hand 5: Sorry. Make sure to reset your all-ins if you are out.

Hand 7: With only 2 opponents this is a good spot to bluff. If called give it up. If the flop is checked through and a blank hits bet out on the turn.

Hand 12: Good dicipline.

Hand 16: Easy fold. Not close IMO.

Hand 20: With 4 opponents I would take the free card and hope to pick up a straight or flush draw. If I miss I can get away cheap.

Hand 24: Depends on the anticipated action behind you. Again, good dicipline.

Hand 27: Tough one. I don't see haow you could have played it differently.

Hand 28: Good raise on the turn. I play it the same.

Lost Wages

Aces McGee
08-28-2003, 11:23 AM

I'm an online poker newbie (and a poker newbie as well. but a two plus two "member"), and I've always wondered about the "all-ins remaining." What does that mean?

Aces McGee

Tosh
08-28-2003, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You folded for 1 bet closing the action on the river? The 8 is a fairly good card for you. You just outdrew on J9. If you were worried about drawing dead from the flop 3-bettor, why didn't you fold on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't want to be the 2nd person to overcall.

[ QUOTE ]
What makes you pretty sure you need to river a boat?

[/ QUOTE ]

2 cold callers on the turn makes me think theres a straight out there. I was about 60:40 that there was, I was always planning to call the river though.

Tosh
08-28-2003, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh I was pretty annoyed at this point. My all in for the day was used when I was put in in the SB with KK also. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Lost Wages
08-28-2003, 11:31 AM
Depending on the site, you usually start with one all-in. If you get disconnected while you are involved in a hand you are simply considered all-in. When you reconnect you will have zero all-ins and if you are disconnected again your hand will be folded. When you have zero all-ins you need to request an all-in reset by clicking the dealer tray, pulldown menu or whatever depending on the site.

Lost Wages

Lost Wages
08-28-2003, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My all in for the day was used..

[/ QUOTE ]

Most sites let you reset your all-ins. What site are you playing?

Lost Wages

Aces McGee
08-28-2003, 11:36 AM
I see. So you will be eligible to win a sidepot?

Thanks, L-Dub.

Aces McGee

Tosh
08-28-2003, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Most sites let you reset your all-ins. What site are you playing?

[/ QUOTE ]

William Hill. It does offer you the chance to reset them but it doesn't always work and I just didn't think to.

Lost Wages
08-28-2003, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So you will be eligible to win a sidepot?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are eligible to win the main pot (when all-in). The side pot is created for the remaining players.

Lost Wages

hockey1
08-28-2003, 11:50 AM
Hand 2: There are 8 BBs in the pot at the turn and it looks like you've got 10 outs (roughly 4:1 odds). Folding was a mistake.

Joe Tall
08-28-2003, 12:02 PM
Hand 1: academic

Hand 2: semi-bluffing into a family pot isn't a great play. If you had say, 2 opponents, this is an easy flop bet. However, there is a chance your over card are good and getting nearly 5:1, you could call the turn bet and see the river.

Hand 7: 2 limpers, depending on their quality, yes.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 16: SB K T . 5 limpers and the button raises. I fold. My reasoning is there could easily be a 3 bet behind me and my hand is possibly dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only one that truly concerns me: 5 limpers, no raise and I fold KTo, this is an extreme trouble hand in a multi-way pot. Calling two cold with it is out of the question.

Hand 28: you have to take into consideration that a better 2 pair, such that of JT or the str8 is out there, I think a turn call is more in order. If the SB is a passive type who bets out when he makes a better hand you should consider folding, if he's a tricky one, I like the raise.

Take Care,
Larry Joe

Tosh
08-28-2003, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only one that truly concerns me: 5 limpers, no raise and I fold KTo, this is an extreme trouble hand in a multi-way pot. Calling two cold with it is out of the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its worth half a bet from the SB surely ? Anyway as there was a raise there was noway I was playing it.

Joe Tall
08-28-2003, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its worth half a bet from the SB surely ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure as long as you know the BB will not raise and can play it well when a K hits postflop.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway as there was a raise there was noway I was playing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still fold this with that many limpers, KTo is garbage and I only use it in shorthanded pots or in LP to try to steal on weak blinds.

Peace,

Tosh
08-28-2003, 03:18 PM
I certainly wouldn't claim its not garbage and I can't think of many places I'd play it for a full bet. I normally feel I can make the half a bet call from the small blind though, obviously when the BB is an overaggressive maniac I cannot. I generally find I can avoid trouble with it most of the time.