PDA

View Full Version : 1 site???

darryl2172
08-28-2003, 09:25 AM
As a new player, is it better to find one site that you play well at and the software works for u, or is it better to keep accounts at several sites?? I have seen post where people are playing at multiple sites, is this the best way? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-28-2003, 09:36 AM
Depends on you wants, needs and goals. It's probably a good idea to pick one site where you're comfortable with the graphics, game selection and competition and play there primarily. Many of us hop around for promotions, special events, etc.

King_J
08-28-2003, 12:23 PM
If you have many different accounts at different sites its easier to find a good game!

lunchmeat
08-28-2003, 07:55 PM
If you're just starting out I'd recommend sticking to one site. Game selection between different sites isn't important for a beginner because at the lowest levels, which is where you should definitely be playing if you're learning, the competition will be soft pretty much wherever you play. So sticking to one site should help you concentrate on improving your play instead of worrying about software differences or which site is the absolute best for dollar limit poker.

My personal recommendation is to start at the Paradise .50/$1 tables. Paradise has excellent software and customer service, and the traffic is such that you'll always be able to get a game there whenever you want. The .50/1 game is very beatable for a beginner as long as you play tight and have some understanding of the key concepts. You can probably find slightly weaker opposition at sites like Party or Pacific, but I don't recommend playing these sites because the opposition is so bad it becomes difficult to learn and apply concepts that will make you a better poker player. I also believe Paradise has a pretty good rake structure for .50/1, but my memory is kind of fuzzy on that. Wherever you decide to play, make sure you deposit enough money to qualify for the entire deposit bonus. At Paradise the offer is 25% up to $50, so make sure to deposit the whole $200.

If you still aren't sold on Paradise, I started there at the .50/1 tables in February with almost no poker experience. I know make my living at the poker tables. A book called Hold 'Em Poker For Advanced Players helped a little bit too.

JTG51
08-30-2003, 12:24 AM
I'm not wild about the idea of keeping large bankrolls at more than one site, so I think sticking to one site is the best way to go. Party and Paradise both have so many games going at each level that finding a good game is never an issue.

johnd
08-31-2003, 07:15 AM
I agree with lunchmeat paradise is the best sight to learn the game, just don't expect to win much money. Once u can beat the game on paradise u will cut them to pieces on Party. Soft wear for me is irrelevant I don't care what it looks like as long as I can beat the game. I would start an account on both party and pardise. Dont be stupid like i was, get the max bonus possible.

crockpot
09-04-2003, 12:08 AM
my personal preference is to go on a bonus whore tour. this is really a terrible name to give to a good thing. you pick up bonus money, get to try out a bunch of different sites' software, and see which ones have the best games and which ones you like best.

i agree that paradise isn't a bad place to start out, but if you want the most beatable games right away, check out partypoker.

i have a section on my site called 'starting out in online poker' that may be helpful to you, along with some site reviews and promotions. check them out.

raconteur
09-04-2003, 11:04 AM
Several. More options.