PDA

View Full Version : Mohegan's Last Weekend.

Scottnyce
08-28-2003, 08:51 AM
I didn't get a chance to go to the Sun last weekend so I'm thinking about a trip for it's last weekend of games. A couple of questions...

Did anyone go last week? What was it like? Where all the tables open, where there enough dealers. What was the wait like?

I am debating whether to just forget the Sun and hit up Foxwoods....just looking for a little direction in where ppl think the better games would be. I would prefer Mohegan.

Thanks.
Scott

midas
08-28-2003, 09:31 AM
Played 3-6 on Sunday from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. - tournaments are not being played anymore - a typical MS weekend crowd. Played yesterday afternoon - tempers are getting hot between players and sometimes dealer to dealer as the end nears.

Also, if I go to Foxwoods using 395, passing right by MS is this a better route than taking 95 to the Foxwoods exit? I typically come from Boston or NYC.

MRBAA
08-28-2003, 09:54 AM
I think that is the fastest route from either direction

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-28-2003, 10:55 AM
Foxwoods directions from Boston using I-90W to I-395S are accurate. I used to go that way when I lived in Medford. From the North, if you go to FW via Mohegan, you're going out of your way.

JoeU
08-28-2003, 05:16 PM
Just an update on the closing:

According to a floor person the other day, they will be closing the room around 4-5am on the 2nd. This is not in stone, but the floor person said that this is typically when they change their drop boxes. And rather than install a ew box for the drop that day, they will just close the table. Again I repeat, this was not in stone, just speculation by a floor person.

Joe

youtalkfunny
08-29-2003, 04:38 AM
I remember the LV Hilton closing their poker room. They were required to give the $36,000 hold'em jackpot "back to the players".

So they had a High Hand of the Hour contest, $500 an hour for the last 72 hours of their existance.

I put my name on the $3-6 list. There were 209 names ahead of me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

JoeU
08-29-2003, 09:05 AM
As far as I know, there are no jackpots or high hand awards. My friend hit a royal in the Hold'em game a few weeks ago at the Sun. At the time, they had a tournament for everyone that hit a royal in the room, but now, I don't know what they are gonna do for him.

Joe