PDA

View Full Version : Party 1/2, where bankroll suicide gets revived

bugstud
08-28-2003, 04:04 AM
So I get dumped on at party 3/6 stud and $50 NLHE games, and decided to grind at 1/2 for a while to get my losses back to an acceptable level. After playing a lot of hands I'm starting to understand the debates on AKo-AJo out of position on these tables, plus the ability to play any suited ace of pair for a bet. Anyways...

One of many hands tonight, I get dealt 8s6s on the button. Currently 8-handed, UTG folds and the table limps to me, I limp. SB folds and BB checks.

Flop: Ts 9s 3s

Well, I flopped a flush, go me. BB checks, first limper bets, 2 calls and a folds and I decide to raise and charge the big spades to draw. I also thought this guy was a nut and might not bet the turn for me. One of the coldcallers fold, but the rest call.

Turn Ts 9s 3s 2c

Ultimate blank. Checked to me, I bet and get 2 calls.

River Ts 9s 3s 2c 7s

If this isn't a perfect river card, I don't really know what one is. First limper bets, in between folds and we cap. His Ks is no good.

On another table I got K5s to bet a JJT flop when I have JJ then cap the turn when a 5 fell. Really, really great games. This was mostly a gloating post, I know /images/graemlins/smile.gif

thwang99
08-28-2003, 04:48 AM
"This was mostly a gloating post, I know"

Mostly? I'd say it's all gloating. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Nice!

- Tony

bugstud
08-28-2003, 10:20 AM
Hey, I can't gloat about dumping a bunch of my roll on some the softest stud games I've ever seen, that annoyed me quite a bit. I think I'll scour my hand histories for some better ones. Also, does anyone know of any tracker-type software that works with empire?

ratbastard
08-28-2003, 12:07 PM
Poker Tracker
www.pokertracker.com (http://www.pokertracker.com)

angry young man
08-28-2003, 01:18 PM
I'm starting to understand the debates on AKo-AJo out of position on these tables

What debates are those? There is no debate about AKo and AQo in any position at any table I've ever played.

plus the ability to play any suited ace of pair for a bet

assuming you meant to say 'or pair' here I don't see how this is so strange either. I'm not that crazy about A6s or A7s but any other suited A gets played if there's no raise and any pair will get played 9 times out of 10.

Incidently I'd probably fold the 86s.

Nottom
08-28-2003, 01:22 PM
Aside from the constant "Do I raise AKo/AQo from the BB or from the button after 6 limpers?" questions that seem to pop up weekly.