PDA

View Full Version : a crying call?

serling
08-27-2003, 02:02 PM
A single-table satellite tourney at Party.

Four players remain. I'm shortest stack at 738. Chip leader is UTG (3335) and next largest is BB (2085).

BB's a very good tight-aggressive player. I'm not worried about UTG other than his stack size and luck.

I'm on the button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Blinds are 50/100.

UTG calls. I raise to 100. SB folds. BB calls. UTG re-raises to 150. I and BB call.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks. UTG bets 50. I call. BB calls.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks. UTG bets 100. I raise to 200. BB calls. UTG calls.

River: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets 100. UTG calls.

What do I do, and what does BB have?

Bozeman
08-27-2003, 02:16 PM
Is this limit with limits of 50/100 (not blinds of 50/100)?

DaNoob
08-27-2003, 02:23 PM
My guess is that BB has ATo, with the Ad. Regardless, I'm raising the river. Your stack will be almost meaningless after this hand if you lose, so I'd rather push my 2nd nut hand as far as I can than end up with T200 to continue on with.

Then again, the smart player might tell you that all u need is a chip and a chair, and that calling the bet is fine.

LDJ
08-27-2003, 04:30 PM
I think BB was sitting with pocket 8's, and just hit his set. Although he might have the nut flush, you're not folding. I would just call. If you lose, your not much worse at around T500. If you win, you are that much closer to the money.

Copernicus
08-27-2003, 04:45 PM
BB has a set. Unfortunately UTG has the Ad. (I dont know why hes not raising, but why else is he hanging around? He may be trying to induce a call/raise from you as short stack to really cut your legs out.)

Against 1 I have a tough time laying down 2d nut flush, but not against 2.

Last weekend I came back from 300 in a Stars limit 2 tabler to add to the ones mentioned in another "chip and a chair" thread, the start of a 4 tourney 1st place streak, which unfortunately ended earlier today. Slim is still better than none.

serling
08-29-2003, 01:01 AM
Very good, everyone! I didn't even think of a set possibility.

I was positive BB had the A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif -- I put him on A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif10x. UTG probably had a low /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. The possibility of a straight flush went through my mind but past it pretty quickly. Copernicus, I thought the same thing -- if two people are still in the hand, one of them has it.

So after taking the full amount of time to decide... I folded.

BB revealed his set of tens (with a diamond)
UTG revealed A/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif -- not even a single diamond!

I folded the winner. My thinking was that I wanted to still be in the tourney and didn't want to throw out another 100 (that's probably my limit game talking). Figured UTG was keeping BB honest, so I'd be able to see his cards and relish in the fact that I did the right thing.

Oops. I should've raised or at the very least called. I should've also thought that if BB really did have it, he might've tried for a check-raise. My measly chips only lasted me another two hands as it was.

I thought about this hand the rest of the night.

Thanks for the posts, everyone!

serling