PDA

View Full Version : Comments please

tfullerrex
08-27-2003, 11:24 AM
Last night at UB, shorthanded, .50/1, loose aggressive.

77 UTG. I raise, EP folds, everyone else calls.

Flop comes JJ7 rainbow. Checked to me, I bet, MP, button, and BB call, SB folds.

Turn comes 4 (suits didn't matter). Checked to me, I bet, everyone calls.

River is a 5. Checked to me, I bet, button raises, we all call.

BOTH the button and the SB flip over J5 off suit.

pudley4
08-27-2003, 11:35 AM
Reraise the river.

lil'
08-27-2003, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
77 UTG. I raise, EP folds, everyone else calls.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you shouldn't be raising 7-7 UTG in this game!

You missed out on a potential goldmine by not re-raising the river.

PrimeRoll
08-27-2003, 04:32 PM
Hey, I'm new here, I need some kind of key that tells me what all these abbreviations mean, UTG, EP, LP, etc. Can someone help??

Mike Gallo
08-27-2003, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You missed out on a potential goldmine by not re-raising the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

How, he finished third best. Both of his opponents had Jacks full of fives, he flopped 7's full of Jacks.

Ouch...talk about a bad beat /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Michael

Mike Gallo
08-27-2003, 04:41 PM
Prime,

I hope that didnt come out too harsh however if you do a little research you will feel amazed at the information you can find.

Michael

lil'
08-27-2003, 04:44 PM
Whoops! Missed that one. Heh heh heh. Well, still, I woulda three bet it.

Uston
08-27-2003, 04:55 PM
Sounds like you shouldn't be raising 7-7 UTG in this game!

Why's that?

FR_Mainiac
08-27-2003, 05:31 PM
Generally I wouldn't raise UTG with 77 as you want lots of folks to see the flop and pay you off if you hit something good.

You got lucky that you had enough come in to see the flop that you still had your proper odds for the set to come in.

But after that I would play the hand very fast. You have a underfull on the flop and you will get a ton of action from the trip jacks out there. There was obviously 2 hands with jacks with 3 outs to beat you. Since neither one raised you on the flop even though you mentioned they were aggressive players (actually one seems loose semi-aggressive and the other seems loose weak) this would tell you that they have a weak kicker like a 9-x.

I can't tell what was in the pot but with the preflop raise they might have been close to correct to call you. Also with loose weak players they would call you to the river anyway...so make them pay by betting.

When the button raises the river that is your clue that he hit his set and he has you beat because he knows you wouldn't raise preflop with Jx from your position. At that time you should seriously think about laying down that very nice hand if the odds that he is not bluffing is good.

lil'
08-27-2003, 06:18 PM
Why would you want to raise a pair of 7's out of position if you expect several cold-callers? Better to limp in.

Homer
08-27-2003, 06:31 PM
Because you'll usually end up seeing the flop 5-handed for two bets. I don't think that's a good thing with 77. What am I missing?

-- Ho

Uston
08-27-2003, 06:36 PM
What am I missing?

Possibly the part about it being a shorthanded game.

Homer
08-27-2003, 06:40 PM
Yes, that would be it. Now you see why I hate the term UTG. If only he called his position B3 I would have understood.

-- Homer

lil'
08-27-2003, 09:56 PM
Whoops.

lil'
08-27-2003, 09:59 PM
tfullerrex,

I apologize for completely screwing up this thread. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Forget anything I said.