PDA

View Full Version : Vegas hotels choices - Hard rock or ballys

PokerPaul
08-27-2003, 11:17 AM
will be visiting vegas in 3 more weeks.

I currently have some good value options in ballys or imp or monte carlo.

want to get in as much poker as possible, so proximity to bellagio and mirage is desirable.

However, i can get a surprisingly good deal at the hard rock also. Quite a distance from any poker room i know, but the eye candy there and the pool make this hard to resist.

any helpful advice??

pokerlover
08-27-2003, 11:18 AM
Hard Rock without a doubt. You may be a little further from the poker rooms but the girls their are sweeeeeeet!!!

ChipWrecked
08-27-2003, 03:15 PM
I've stayed at Bally's. Don't discount them grandmas, some of them are pretty hot.

Ulysses
08-27-2003, 03:28 PM
The Hard Rock is always loud, there's no poker, the blackjack and craps rules aren't very good, it's small, the restaurants aren't that great (except for Nobu, which is outstanding), it's far away from everything, the rooms aren't all that great, there are a bunch of obnoxious meatheads there all the time, and the gym is not very good.

I stay at the Hard Rock every time I'm in Vegas, which is often 6+ times a year.

slamdunkpro
08-27-2003, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I stay at the Hard Rock every time I'm in Vegas, which is often 6+ times a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why????

Ulysses
08-27-2003, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why????

[/ QUOTE ]

a) Girls
b) Girls
c) Nobu
d) I play table games and VIP treats you really well if you play any significant stakes at the Hard Rock.
e) Girls
f) The pool (see a, b, e, h, and i)
g) Concerts at The Joint
h) Girls
i) Girls

StevieG
08-27-2003, 08:05 PM
OK, I can see how girls would help out anyplace, but then why not the Palms? Right now the white-hot phosphorescent factor has to be about the same as the Hard Rock. It's about as far off-strip as the Hard Rock. Only there is a card room, I would guess that the table rules favor savvy gamblers since they also target locals. Not so?

Am I completely off base?

How are N9ne and Alize for food?

Abagadro
08-27-2003, 10:20 PM
I heard the poker room at the Palms is very smokey if that matters to ya. No personal experience though.

pokerlover
08-28-2003, 10:22 AM
Do the girls influence your decision at all?

Ulysses
08-28-2003, 04:53 PM
Palms is also a reasonable choice if proximity to a large number of attractive young women is a factor in your choice. Haven't eaten at Alize. Nine, their steakhouse, is better than AJs at the Hard Rock, which is just OK.

I'm likely to try staying at the Palms on one of my next visits. I've been meaning to do that for a little while, but I often make last minute plans to go to Vegas and since it takes no planning or effort, often end up at HRH by default.