PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Runner Up

Mangatang
08-26-2003, 11:32 PM
Party .5/1

I have A /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the SB. 5 limpers to me, I complete, BB checks. (Should I have raised?)

Flop A /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif, I check to set up a check-raise, it gets checked to CO who bets (perfect), button calls, I raise, BB 3 bets (whaaa?), CO & button & I call.

Turn 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif, I check, BB bets, we all call.

River Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, I check, BB bets, CO calls, button folds, I call. (Am I just waisting money here?)

The BB takes it with 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO had A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Mangatang
08-27-2003, 10:50 AM

Homer
08-27-2003, 11:16 AM
Should I have raised?

Yes, you have AJs in a multiway pot. I think you should raise even though you are in bad position for the rest of the hand. Remember, you are under no obligation to bet the hand postflop if you whiff. If you think raising preflop obliges you to do so, then just complete.

Am I just waisting money here?

Yes, most likely. What you should do is call the flop check-three bet as you are getting good enough odds (16:1 or so) to spike a J on the turn or make a runner-runner flush. After you miss on the turn, check-fold. You have 3 outs at best (14:1 against improving on river) and are getting 12:1 on a call, which isn't enough even if your outs will be good 100% of the time (which they won't).

Look at the texture of the board on the flop. A64r, and the BB check-three bets. He isn't on any kind of mega-draw -- he most likely has a baby set (66 or 44), two-pair (A6 or A4) or top-pair good kicker (not nearly as likely as the other possibilities).

-- Homer