PDA

View Full Version : "Scare" card actually better for you? Since more information?

thwang99
08-26-2003, 11:29 PM
Say very tight UTG raises PF in a HE game. You hold AKs and call, flop Axx with two diamonds, your suit is say Spades.

Good flop. UTG bets out, for whatever reason you call, then call his turn bet, turn is an x.

On the river a low diamond comes. Is this better for you? Is a scare card better for you, since now you can safely raise, and fold to his reraise, since now you have more information. Say the river isn't a flush card. He might 3bet with AK also, and then you'd be in a pickle.

So, my question is, anytime you can more confidently react to his action, you gain, so raising the flush card is a "safer" raise (as long as you have a strong hand that warrants a raise), since he won't 3bet even with AA likely.

- Tony

Homer
08-27-2003, 12:42 AM
Seems logical to me, Tony.

-- Homer

CrackerZack
08-27-2003, 12:03 PM
Me too. Except not 3-betting PF or raising the flop, or the turn seems odd.

Homer
08-27-2003, 12:15 PM
I was just replying to his question, not to the hand.

-- Homer

Copernicus
08-27-2003, 03:01 PM
Its logical from the viewpoint that the "scare card" scares him. Unfortunately, the scare card should also scare you, since it gives him a far better chance of beating you then him having AA. I'd rather have less information and a better chance of winning. There are a lot of hands he can have to beat you, and I wouldnt be raising on the river anyway. The information gained by giving him a chance to 3 bet isnt worth it imo.

CrackerZack
08-27-2003, 03:28 PM
understood and agreed