PDA

View Full Version : How do I win the most with this hand?

MaxPower
08-26-2003, 11:21 PM
Party 3/6 game. I'm in late position with 33. UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, I call, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop - 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, BB folds, UTG raises, UTG+2 3-bets, I call, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn - 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, UTG bets, UTG+2 raises, I 3-bet, SB calls, UTG and UTG+2 fold.

River - 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, I bet, SB calls.

Is there any way I could win more bets with this hand? I wasn't sure whether I should cap the flop.

Homer
08-27-2003, 12:32 AM
No, I wouldn't have capped the flop in this situation. It's obvious from the way the hand has played out that you have the best hand, and it is fairly unlikely to be surpassed, so let your opponents hang around and hope to get multiple bets in on the turn. The reason I say that you have the best hand, and a hand that is unlikely to be drawn out on, is that no one raised preflop, so AA and QQ are out. The board came with no draws and every one of your opponents put in a bet or raise on the flop, so they all have made hands that are worse than yours. The best case scenario for your opponents is that they have AQc and have 5 outs against you. Even other hand is drawing thin-to-dead. So you should do whatever maximizes the size of the pot, and that is coldcalling the flop.

-- Homer