PDA

View Full Version : Please critique this TT hand

memphis
08-26-2003, 06:47 PM
pacific 1/2 very loose

I get dealt T /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the CO
6 limpers to me. I raise, button and SB fold everyone else calls.

Flop is J /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
MP bets, LMP calls, I raise to see where I stand, UTG cold calls 2 and the other 2 call. 4 to turn

Turn is 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
MP bets again. LMP calls, Now I start to worry and decide to just call it down. UTG calls.

River is 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
MP bets, LMP raises. I had only been at the table a little bit, but LMP had made a couple of overaggressive plays, so I think there is a decent chance he is trying to steal the pot. The pot was pretty big by this point, so I decide to go ahead and call the 2 bets. UTG folds, MP re-raises and LMP caps. Now even I can see I'm beat and fold.

LMP had 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the rivered straight. MPs hand was mucked.

When should I have gotten out of this hand?

Tosh
08-26-2003, 06:55 PM
I don't think you can call the river 2 bet cold, especially when it could be raised further after you call.

Uston
08-27-2003, 05:29 PM
Now I start to worry and decide to just call it down.

Against one opponent, with position, this is viable, but, with other players in the hand, you should consider raising the turn and having those be the last bets you put into the pot (unless you reassess on the river and decide to value bet). You'll be investing the same amount of money while increasing your chances of winning the pot. It would take a truly sick bastard to re-raise you on the turn or bet the river with a hand worse than TT.

FR_Mainiac
08-27-2003, 05:54 PM
It maybe just me but in a loose game with 6 limpers and really no chance to fold any hands that can beat you on the flop, I would have just called preflop.

The jacks are not your friend here as with all the preflop and flop action you know someone is holding AJ, KJ, QJ, or maybe even JT which gives you no outs. So at best you have 2 outs and you are possibly drawing dead. I would have probably folded after MP lead the flop and LMP called.

In this type of game and if anything like A-J comes on the flop, TT's are pretty much a set on the flop or muck.