PDA

View Full Version : Seeing more flops.......Positive or Negetive EV.....(Limit Holdem ?)

John W
08-26-2003, 05:07 PM
I want to see more flops. I have been playing for about four year and play a tight sneaky game. Am I on the road to disaster or can you see more flops with a positive EV.

J.R.
08-26-2003, 06:12 PM
You can see more flops against weak tight or decent thinking players (who try to play well and make laydowns, but don't fully think things thru) because of the increased value of the bluff/semi-bluff against these types of opponents. Against calling stations, reasonably tight preflop standards, little bluffing and a healthy dose of value betting is right.

Yes your post-flop skill is a variable to factored into the equation, but I think the type of opponent you are up against is of more significance.

JTG51
08-26-2003, 10:30 PM
I'm not sure anyone can answer this, John. Tight is a relative thing. If you only play AA now, then yes, you can see more flop with a positive EV.

That said, I'd guess most tight players could squeak out a few more +EV hands.

Terry
08-27-2003, 03:01 PM
The experiment is in progress. There are a whole bunch of people who have read Helmuth's book and decided that if playing the top 10% of hands manically can make him a world champion, playing the top 45% manically will enable them to rule the world. Results should be in soon.