PDA

View Full Version : Is this a loose flop call?

SoBeDude
08-26-2003, 02:12 PM
15-30 online.

I'm in MP with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

all limp to me. I limp. 2 fold, rest call. so 8 to see the flop.

Flop is: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Sb bets out. 3 calls and 1 fold to me. I decide to peel one and call, getting 12-1.

I end up making a straight when the turn is a 4, river is an ace. I rake a $500+ pot.

But was my flop call a mistake?

thanks!

-Scott

brad
08-26-2003, 03:19 PM
if youve got the button(so to speak) i think easy call since you close action but if anybody behind you looks like youve got to fold.

rigoletto
08-26-2003, 03:44 PM
the call is fine considering the pot. Did you consider raising?

SoBeDude
08-26-2003, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the call is fine considering the pot. Did you consider raising?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, the pot is too big, and a raise will not win me the pot.

IMO, 55 is too small a hand for such a play in a family pot.

-Scott

Mike Gallo
08-26-2003, 04:28 PM
IMO, 55 is too small a hand for such a play in a family pot

Except when you flop a set, or hit a running straight /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Michael

mike l.
08-26-2003, 05:47 PM
no it's a fine call. a fold would be fine too.

elysium
08-26-2003, 06:04 PM
hi sobe
if you have a solid read on the opponents behind you, you're ok to call, but it's close there sobe. yeah, the field behind you is what matters. it's a lot closer than it looks.

the interesting part of this hand sobe is the turn and river. obviously you got raised on the turn behind you. i think you floundered on the turn a little there sobe.

you've got to watch these one cards. you can really get into a lot of trouble with them.

Ed S.
08-26-2003, 06:18 PM
I don't think so. With 8 seeing the flop there is plenty money in there to justify peeling one off for just one bet. Two bets is a different story. You can fold here too but with the pot as such it is you can afford to take a look at the river and see if it brings something you like. Apparently it did and you sucked out nicely with the pot giving you reason to do so.

Ed S.