PDA

View Full Version : No Limit v. Limit - Expectation

scottyb
08-26-2003, 01:12 PM
I am curious to hear people experience of win rate at online No limit v. Online Limit. I know that many books say 1-2 BB per hour at limit (B&M). How does this compare to NL? Can such a comparison even be made? Thanks.

Nottom
08-27-2003, 02:41 PM
NL hold-em is such a beast of its own thats its hard to say, but I've seen the figure of 10BB/hour (big blinds) tossed around for online NL games if you are one of the better players.

Michael Davis
08-27-2003, 05:26 PM
This figure seems to me ridiculously high, but as I look at my results, I'm making considerably more than that at the $25 games on Party.

Online, I have had great success in making huge overbets with big hands. People are paying off with complete trash all of the time. 10 bb/hour is probably reasonable. In addition, if you are one of the better players, you will almost never lose in these games.

By the way, I don't really want to start the "where is there more skill involved" discussion, but it doesn't seem like I have to do much in these no limit games but wait for a lock and then bet all my chips.

-Mike

CrackerZack
08-27-2003, 06:17 PM
What exactly is a BB in NL hold 'em? a big blind? so the same as 5 Big bets in limit.

Michael Davis
08-27-2003, 07:16 PM
Good point, I was being stupid. I guess that makes my rate more reasonable, but I think the expectation for a good player is more than 10 big blinds per hour.

FWIW, I'm not good.

-Mike