PDA

View Full Version : Hand Critique please

JDErickson
08-26-2003, 11:29 AM
Stars .50/1.00 9 handed table. Loose aggresive.

I'm dealt QJO UTG and call. UTG+1 calls, CO calls, SB completes, BB checks. 5 to the flop

Flop: TK6 (suits don't matter)

checked to CO who raises to .50. BB calls, I call. 3 to the Turn

Turn: A

I check hoping for check raise. CO bets 1. BB raises to 2, I raise to 3. CO folds, BB calls.

River: 6

BB and I cap the bets.

BB showed A6 for the rivered boat that beats my high straight.

What were my errors?

Thanx
Jim

Tosh
08-26-2003, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

What were my errors?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not mucking QJo UTG in a game you described as 'loose aggressive'.

MaxPower
08-26-2003, 11:37 AM
Your first error was playing QJo UTG. Second you should probably bet the flop. Lastly, if you are raised on the river, you cannot reraise for value.

s_teiger
08-26-2003, 12:03 PM
I think a bet on the flop would have been bad because against 4 players a semibluff could not work. Also limping w/ QJo and capping the river as people have said were mistakes. But I also think you should have smoothcalled the turn to trap the CO. You had the nuts on the turn, and if you did smoothcall you would have gotten 4 bets on the turn and if the river wasn't a scare card (like it was) maybe another 4 bets (2 from each). Your opponent just got lucky.

Bob T.
08-26-2003, 12:45 PM
Your errors were calling UTG with a weak hand out of position, and capping the betting after the board paired.

J.R.
08-26-2003, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think a bet on the flop would have been bad because against 4 players a semibluff could not work

[/ QUOTE ]

He is 2-1 to make the nut straight by the river, so this may be a bet for value.

Homer
08-26-2003, 01:31 PM
1) Fold preflop

2) Probably bet the flop

3) Do not cap the river after the board has paired and you have been three-bet by BB

-- Homer

MaxPower
08-26-2003, 01:34 PM
Yes, it's a bet for value, but also serves other purposes. You have to bet draws frequently. If you only bet made hands and check/call with draws, you will have problems. This is an ideal situation to bet your draw.

Joe Tall
08-26-2003, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What were my errors?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not folding preflop.
Not folding preflop.
Not folding preflop.

Oh, yeah and not folding preflop, but also, not laying off when the board paired on the river.