PDA

View Full Version : Hold 'em NL SNG's: What hands do you steal blinds with?

Wad
08-26-2003, 11:14 AM
SNG's: What hands do you steal blinds with?

I'm having difficulty with this in the later stages of NL SNG's, especially the 2 table tourneys. When it gets down to 7 or 8 people left and everybody tightens up considerably, I think I am missing opportunities here. I see it as a major leak right now.

Questions specific to late position:

So what hands are "reasonable" to steal with from late position when everybody had folded to you?

Any two if it's folded around to you?

Any A or K?

How much to raise when attempting to steal?

Example 1: I have an average stack. Blinds are 100-200. I am in the CO with K7o and it's folded to me. I fold, button and SB fold, BB flashes 24o. Frustrating....

Example 2: Same stack and blinds as above. I am on the button with 97s and it's folded to me. What's my play?

Any comments or help appreciated.

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-26-2003, 11:48 AM
2 table SNG I'll assume is at 'Stars, so an average stack is about 3860. At 100/200, if you identify a particularly tight player in the big blind, go ahead and steal occaisionally with any 2 cards. Your stack is big enough to fold to a reraise with no regrets. I prefer big cards, Ax where x>6, Kxs, suited connectors or 1-gappers, KQo, KJo, KT0, QJo or QTo; cards that I feel I can play well postflop if called, but I will occaisionally raise with pure trash. Remember that an open-raise from the button or SB will usually be given less respect than from 1 or 2 off the button.