PDA

View Full Version : Baseball games on September 11th

08-12-2002, 03:55 AM
I just realized that Major League Baseball has a full schedule of games on Wednesday, September 11th, including a Mets-Braves double-header. Was there ever any discussion of clearing the schedule on 9/11?

Of course, the inevitable baseball strike should make the issue moot. But, do you think MLB made a mistake by treating 9/11 as a "business as usual" day?

08-12-2002, 05:02 AM
Call me incompassionate, but I don't want to see the games cancelled. I don't know anyone who will be offended if the MLB plays that day.

08-12-2002, 05:20 AM
i will be offended and am appalled. seems very insensitive to me. maybe i shouldnt fell that way but i do.

08-12-2002, 08:37 AM
Why would they cancel the games?

The country doesn't shut down every year on December 7th, or November 22, or on the anniversaries of other tragic events. Granted, September 11th was the most horrendous attack this country has ever seen, but what is the point of shutting everything down? I think a memorial service, or moment of silence, or anything along those lines is fine, but there is no need to stop in our tracks every year on this day. That just gives more attention to the maggots that perpetrated the crime, and their supporters. Better to remember the victims while continuing on in a somewhat normal fashion and show terrorists that they can not impact our way of life.

08-12-2002, 12:05 PM
people type like the z-man so that they might fool people. the z-man always uses his own name.

it is clear that people that type this way are trying to fool the rest of the posters into thinking that the z-man supports their positions.

the z-man is too smart to be tied to radical elements that try to steal his identity. i am not the z-man.

08-12-2002, 02:34 PM
.....that people in an airport complained about a scheduled flight leaving at 9:11 recently(don't know if AM or PM), so the airline re-scheduled for 9:10 or 9:12. Everyime something like this happens, we feed the terrorist fools egos. Baseball should play on 9/11 - schedules should not change to a different time. The best message to send these fools is to just live our lives - screw the terrorist bastards