PDA

View Full Version : AKo hand

Your Mom
08-25-2003, 10:42 PM
3/6 Party, players are loose, dumb, but halfway aggressive postflop. (Guy cracked my Kings with 42s when he rivered a third 2, although he did have the flush draw. Of course he called 2 bets preflop when I reraised in the blinds.)

First 4 players limp, I raise with AKo (I didn't use to raise this and AQo with this many players. Now I do and it works. Thanks Dynasty and Clarkmeister.)

Flop comes TJ5 rainbow. They all check to me. What is your play?

I bet it, hoping to take the free card on the turn. Instead, it was raised and reraised so I folded without even seeing the turn.

Homer
08-25-2003, 10:46 PM
In these games I'll usually take the free card, as on a flop of JTx you will often be checkraised. And even if you aren't by the time the turn card comes they've forgotten that you've raised preflop and bet the flop, and bet right into you. I usually bet the flop and take a "free" ride to the river in more passive games, though.

-- Homer

Joe Tall
08-25-2003, 10:52 PM
All checked to me I bet.

But how many players saw the flop for 2 bets each and did anyone else call the extra action? In other words what were your pot odds coming back to you to spike a Queen?

Looks like 2-pair of a set so I'm assuming your over cards are not good but there is an outside chance someone could be open ended and is jamming it for a free card such as a hand like KQ.

If you had the near enough pot odds, I don't like the fold.

Your Mom
08-25-2003, 11:56 PM
The guy right after me raised and the next guy 3 bet. The others then folded. Turned out the 3 better was jamming a draw, probably KQ because he folded to a river c/r after the board paired the Jack.

Ed Miller
08-26-2003, 01:55 AM
You can't make this fold in a raised pot. You have too much hand. You should have called the 3-bet.