PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstars SNG

UTfan
08-25-2003, 06:42 PM
Opinions requested on each players play.

Pokerstars SNG $20 NL Hold'em

Very early yet 3 players already eliminated. Blinds still 15/30. Very little preflop raising

SB posts, is in last chip position with just over 1K, BB posts and is in 4th chip position with a little over 2K. All others fold to cutoff who limps (2nd in chips with a little over 3K).

SB calls.

Flop is 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets 30, BB calls, CO calls. Pot is now 180.

Turn is the 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB bets 150, BB calls, CO makes it about 800 to go. SB calls leaving only about $50 in his stack. BB moves ALL in for about 1100 more. CO calls, SB calls. Two players All N on the turn.

River card is 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

First what does each player have? Answer to this is below.

SB had 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif-6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, BB 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif-5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif CO had 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif-8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Is this just one of those hands or could have anybody played it better? 10-8 suited limp? Is that a bad limp? Just wondering what everybody thinks of each players' play.

Prickly Pete
08-26-2003, 12:44 PM
Ok, I'll take a stab.

CO - Limping preflop I can see. Folding or stealing are also possibilities. But I don't think any of them is always wrong. Calling the small bet with a gutshot and backdoor flush draw is easy and raising up big on the turn is a given with the nut hand (at that point).

BB - Checking preflop with 85 ok. Calling a small bet on flop with a gutshot ok. Going all in on turn (even against 2 players) with a straight ok. He only fears 10-8, but many times he's against a combination of Flush draw, set, 2 pair, or top pair. No way he can fold.

SB - completing with 36 ok. The flop bet is the only mistake I see. With 2 pair, he figures to be the best hand. Bet it. There can't be any complaints when someone has odds to draw on you and then they do draw on you. Calling the turn raise is tough since the person raised 2. A lot of hands beat you, but it's probably up to whatever read you might have on CO. Maybe he makes that play with a high pocket pair. This is a $20 SNG, so the call may be reasonable.

My 2 cents (and probably not worth that /images/graemlins/tongue.gif)