PDA

View Full Version : Flop to ponder

slavic
08-25-2003, 11:00 AM
4/8 Muckleshoot loose passive game.

4 players limp to me in the CO I have red aces and raise, button calls 2, BB calls, all others call.

7 to the flop(14.5SB): 9 5 2r

checks to Me I bet, button raises, MP1 calls, MP2 calls:

Ok the button is a studied player, but he's a little flustered at some of the beats he's take in the night, mainly from MP2 who will play any two but tends to play well post flop. MP1 is just hopless and I hope he calls to the river. Normally I would check raise the turn with no real draw showing, but I'd like to knock MP2 out now if possible.

I raise, Button folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn (12.75BB) Q puts 2 clubs on the board.

Checks to me, I bet, call, call

River (15.7BB) 3 no flush

Check, check, bet, call, call

Ok my flop raise was to limit the field, it did but only the player I had a read on. Would I have been better to drive people out on the Turn? My position wouldn't really allow me to insure 2 bets to MP1, and MP2 but that would likely be the only way to knock them out. Or if they wouldn't go charge them a premium. The pot was large enough that further flop action was only going to be marginally effective.

lil'
08-25-2003, 11:14 AM
They've already called 2 cold on the flop, so one more sb probably won't make them fold. I would three bet the flop anyway, because you figure to have the best hand, and you can't predict the betting sequence for the turn anyway. Get the money in now while you can on this harmless looking flop.

Ed Miller
08-25-2003, 04:23 PM
You are overthinking this. You had the best hand in a big pot. You don't have an easy way to face the field with two bets cold on the turn. Therefore, you 3-bet the flop.