PDA

View Full Version : In response to lurker's "Idealistic Youth..."

08-10-2002, 12:03 PM
Hi there Lurker!

I have good reason to believe your post was aimed at me. I might be young and idealistic, but I know what's up. And I certainly have no intention of becoming a republican any time soon.

Oh yeah, and then your post. Filled with the usual personal attacks typical of Colorado's finest poker player.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but according to The United Nations INTERNATIONAL COVENANT ON

CIVIL AND POLITICAL RIGHTS and the UN charter, the PA doesn't have the responsibility of making the Palestinian state come to reality. The state of Israel does. Check out this, straight from the UN charter:

http://www1.umn.edu/humanrts/instree/chapter11.html

and here is Part 1, Articles 1 and 3 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights:

Article 1: All peoples have the right of self-determination. By virtue of that right they freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development.

Article 3: The States Parties to the present Covenant, including those having responsibility for the administration of Non-Self-Governing and Trust Territories, shall promote the realization of the right of self-determination, and shall respect that right, in conformity with the provisions of the Charter of the United Nations.

That means that an occupying state should do everything possible for the land they are occupying to be free. It is also their responsibility to try and invest in the infrastructure of the land they are occupying. Running around with bulldozers in the occupied territory hardly fits that description.

Your statement about Gandhi is a laugher. Gandhi should not have had to resort to ANY means to remove the British. The British should not have been there to begin with. MLK and his followers should not have been beaten, blasted with high pressure water, or attacked by dogs. They should have had their human rights to begin with.

Suicide attacks, as heinous as they seem to some, do not absolve any state of its responsibility to meet it's duties under the UN charter or covenant of Political and Civil Rights.

If a country doesn't feel like playing by those rules, maybe they shouldn't have signed those documents to begin with.

08-10-2002, 03:11 PM
You will grow up someday.

Criminals should be punished.

I hope that you don't become a criminal for your own good.

Other criminals that you reference will come to justice.