PDA

View Full Version : Stupid play but correct based on read?

blomkeen
08-24-2003, 07:41 PM
Hello.

$2 Stars NL Hold'em Multitable, 980+ entrants. Everyone starts with T1500.

Round 3 25/50, I have app. T2600 and I'm at a table where people will not fold, even for their whole stack for, for example, gutshots on the turn.

I am in the big blind and get J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG, who I'll call Bustblomkeen (app. T3300) raises to 100. Crazyloosemiddle guy (CLMG) #1 (T1000?) calls 100. CLMG #2 Calls 100 (T1500?). SB calls 150. I call 50 with the intent of folding unless the flop hits me over the head, in which case I would hope to get many chips, since these folks won't fold.

Flop J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif. 500 in the pot. I feel like this hits me over the head. I'm afraid of overcards but I think I'll get at least one caller if I bet the flop, even if I overbet to 1000, so I decide to check hoping for a checkraise. Bustblomkeen bets the pot, and, for no logical reason I put him on overcards. CLM #1 calls as does CLM #2. Sb folds. I sense weakness so I checkraise allin. I never considered that the short stack with 500 left would prolly be right to call.

Anyway, please critique my thinking and changing of thoughts througout the hand. Also, if the cards were faceup and I knew I was ahead on the flop when the bet came back to me, what was my best move?

Thanks!