PDA

View Full Version : How do you play this hand? KQs

Drunk Bob
08-24-2003, 03:25 PM
This is my biggest problem hand.The flop allways seems to come A xx. with one of my suit. I haven't won with KQs the last 19 times. Since KQs only comes around every 319 times on average; It has been a long time.

Ihate that hand!

Drunk Bob

Venting!

GrinningBuddha
08-24-2003, 04:33 PM
Well, like any other drawing hand you either hit your hand on the flop, or you fold.
Good flops for K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif:
K /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
A /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
J /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Anything other than what you see there and you can usually safely fold for the most part. Just hit your hand and play it. On a flop like:

A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

you can safely fold to a bet, since you have a whole lot of nothing going for you. Even if the Ace was a club, I wouldn't continue.

GuitarMarc
08-24-2003, 05:38 PM
Bob,

I looked at my own statistics with KQ on Poker Tracker. What do I find to my amazement: that is the hand I have lost the most money with. KQo that is. With KQs, I have a very small profit. I have been dealt KQo 71 times in 6329 hands so far. My winning pct with it is 30% but losing with it can be deadly. Apparently, it is a problem hand and I must be overplaying it. Be careful with it.

Take it easy.

Ed Miller
08-24-2003, 06:25 PM
How do you play this hand? KQs

My preferred way of paying it is to flop a royal draw, pound it on the flop and turn, and then get there on the river.

Jeff V
08-24-2003, 08:54 PM
Zing!!

Oh by the way - if you have KQs and the flop comes Axx w/ one of your suit it usually means you missed. But since you've lost the last 19 times, your 22 to 1 runner runner is about do. Keep your chin up. Jeff /images/graemlins/wink.gif

JTG51
08-24-2003, 11:54 PM
If you really want to hit it big, you've gotta stop this flop a royal draw garbage. The secret to KQs is to flop a royal when you are against AA, JJ, and TT, then be sure two of them make quads. Having another KQ in there with you helps, but that's optional.