PDA

View Full Version : 4th Street blues

me454555
08-24-2003, 02:00 PM
.50-1 limit at party. I have been playing for 5 minutes so i dont have much of a read on my competition. Im in LP and get dealt AQs. 4 people call the flop, I raise all call.

Flop comes, Q94 rainbow (woohoo, tptk). All check to me, I raise, 1 fold, rest call. Turn puts an 8 on the board so it looks like (Q984). Checked to mp. He raises, 1 caller, I reraise, 1 ep calls 2 cold and the mp reraises. I fold figuring him for a set or a strait.

I didnt pay much attention to the river betting but the middle position showed down J10s for the strait.

Heres my question: 1)Should I have folded the turn after mp bet into me instead of reraising? 2) If I have the strait on the turn just like in the example above and a better behind me is acting aggressively, should I simply call the raise behind me instead of reraising in hopes of getting an extra bet on the river?

Bob T.
08-24-2003, 03:51 PM
One quick note on terminology. The first bet in a round, is usually called a bet, subsequent bets in the round are called raises.

1) probably not, in this case your opponent might have just made two pair, with something like 98, or he might have a straight. You might have called, with the intention of calling or folding on the river. If you catch an ace, or Queen, it is likely to help you more than it would help your opponents.

2) I think that would be a good plan.