PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for coming out, tip your bartenders, and bet your flops.

ArchAngel71857
08-24-2003, 01:15 PM
Here are two hands in which the flop was not bet. Similar yet vastly different.

UB, 2/4 game. I'm in CO with JJ. Folded to an EMP who raises, folded to me who 3-bets. BB calls, EMP calls.

Flop comes A K 6 rainbow. ugh. BB checks, EMP checks. i check (i don't really have a read on EMP. When this sort of thing happens i automatically put the hand on AK, then sort of expand from there down to AJ, and start with pocket pairs of 9s, depending on what the flop is like.) So my first thought is he has AK.

Turn comes J. bwahahahaha. checked to me, I bet, BB folds, EMP check-raises (hmm didn't see that coming). Now the question is did he slowplay a set of A or K's, or is that inital thought correct of AK. or does he have QT. I 3-bet him. I did this because i felt if he had the A's or K's he would cap and i could fold. he calls.

turn comes 6. he bets, I raise, he calls.

Sure enough he shows down AK for the flopped two pair which he was trying to CR with i think. I mean I can understand maximizing your wins, but if he had bet the flop, i would be out, and wouldn't have gotten either of those cards. Part of me wonders if he thought i would bet since i 3-bet preflop. Would anyone have played either his hand or my hand differently? I mean yeah, i "hit" a two-outer and that 6 was a sign from God, but if he gives me the free card, its a "mathmatical catasrophe." I can;t decide if he just made a baaaad move, or since i 3-bet PF, he put me on either AK, KK, or AA. Still I think he should have bet the flop.

-----------------------------------------------

1/2 hand at Ultimate bet. I'm in SB with K /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif. 3 or 4 limpers, I raise, BB and 3 call.

Flop comes K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. this is why i cant play live, my fist pumps might have given it away. I check, it gets checked around.

Turn A /images/graemlins/spade.gif. This could be good. I figure if i check now, someone surely has an A and will bet it. I check, BB checks, MP bets, LMP raises, I 3-bet. BB folds, MP and LMP call.

River T /images/graemlins/club.gif. I bet, get called around. take it down.

Would you have played the flop and turn differently? On the flop I figured with 4 people behind me, someone would bet, I wanted to CR the flop, i really wasn't intending to slowplay this. I was intending to Check raise. there have been some bets on flush draws.

On the turn, i feel that if any other card had fallen (except a K) I would have bet out. but usually most people play an A preflop, and when there was no action on the flop, i figured that the A would bet out. How would you have played the flop and turn differently?

-AA

Bob T.
08-24-2003, 01:41 PM
On hand 1, after your three bet, he might be expecting you to bet. I probably would have bet, giving someone with QQ, a chance to fold.

On hand two, if you bet the flop, then check the turn, you probably get the same turn action, but you win more money.

Stu Pidasso
08-24-2003, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would anyone have played either his hand or my hand differently?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he played his hand well, except, against some opponents, I would have capped the turn. I think you should have bet the flop as the last bit of money you would be putting in this pot(unless you improve on the turn).

No comment on the second hand, as I only read one hand per post.

Stu

Mike Gallo
08-24-2003, 08:06 PM
Hand one, do you call a check raise or fold to it?

Your opponent slowplayed top two. You caught a break because he did not bet. If you bet he would have check raised you, you would have folded and you would have asked who calls the check raise.

On the second hand, you played it fine.

Michael

ArchAngel71857
08-24-2003, 09:00 PM
If you bet he would have check raised you, you would have folded and you would have asked who calls the check raise.

Would you have bet the flop? If i get check raised this flop, I'll fold without a second question. not only am I behind with to AK, but any A or K beats me. I like my JJ, but with a flop like this to a preflop raiser, i think he's got me. If i had QJ, and the odds are there, or a flush draw ( i think there may have been two diamonds, but UB closes the hand history when you leave the table) i might call the raise. but i am on a two outer, so i would fold.

on the flop, i was fine getting the free card.

-AA