PDA

View Full Version : AK missed post flop

Admania
08-24-2003, 12:17 PM
I think we've all been there on many occasions. You look down and see AK in the hole and great let's throw in a raise post flop. Three limpers then call your raise and you all see the flop. Then suddenly, oh dear, 3 rags on the flop and things are not looking so rosy. My question is what is your play if you are first to act in this situation. My inclination is to check/fold but is this being too soft? Any comments would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Adam

pufferfish
08-24-2003, 12:32 PM
I always bet the flop. Well, it would have to be a pretty scary flop for me not to bet. Remember, you might still have the best hand.

TC,
pf

ArchAngel71857
08-24-2003, 12:42 PM
I think the preflop raiser bets ht eflop like 90% of the time. If PFR does not, it either missed or hit so big its worth slowplaying or Checkraising. So with AK in a low limit game, it may be worth to bet it to see if everyone folds right there. if you get raised, you can fold, or if everyone makes it to the turn, just check/fold, depending on what happens. I would say that in most low limits, its worth a bet on the flop. unless the flop was like QQQ, JJJ, or something.

-AA

rigoletto
08-24-2003, 12:49 PM
unless the flop was like QQQ, JJJ, or something.

I would bet a flop like this all the time. You are representing a boat and you have 6 outs to draw to the near nuts.

ArchAngel71857
08-24-2003, 02:24 PM
yeah, most three rank cards i would bet. but it seems in Low limit games, people will play an face card. you make a good point for betting, and i am probably playing scared. What flops would you not bet out with AK from EP?

-AA

daryn
08-24-2003, 03:40 PM
my newest trick is i check call the flop and then checkraise the turn. then i bet out on the river regardless of what comes up on the board. of course it's only done occasionally and only against 1 or 2 players

hockey1
08-25-2003, 10:32 AM
Not only might you have best hand, but (1) you're likely to call a bet anyway, and if you're going to do that you might as well be the one betting -- as long as you don't think there's too high a likelihood of getting raised; and (2) if you don't bet the flop (and don't check-raise) you're basically telling your opponents that you don't have a high pair.