PDA

View Full Version : I'm madly in anger with you. Bitches causing trouble. As seen on COPS

Tyler Durden
08-24-2003, 11:56 AM
Online 2-4 game. Texas Hold 'Em.

This was a weird hand and I played it in what I call an interesting manner.

I have QQ in the SB.
Three limpers, then the cutoff raises. I coldcall, as does the BB and all the limpers. 6 to the flop.
In a live game I'd probably 3-bet here, as I likely have the best hand. And the way Empire games are, it's almost a sure thing that I have the best hand. But, since I don't really know who my opponents are, I wanted to see a flop and go from there, especially since my hand was vulnerable to overcards and I'm out of position. Anyway....

Flop comes T-5-5 rainbow. Tyler likey. I check w/ the intention of checkraising the PFR. Checked to one of the limpers (he's pretty bad and wild) who bets. The guy after him raises. Folded back to me and I checkraise 3-bet b/c I doubt either of them has a 5. Maybe I should have coldcalled and saved the checkraise for the turn? But it's a drawless flop so that would look suspicious. Although most of the Empire players are so bad they wouldn't even think about that. Anyhoo.....they both call my check 3-bet.

Turn is a Queen, Tyler fills up.
I bet out, wild and bad guy raises, guy after him coldcalls.
I 3-bet, bad and wild guy caps, guy coldcalls again. I call.

River is a King. I check. Bad and wild bets, guy after him calls, I raise, bad and wild 3-bets, guy after him coldcalls, I cap, both call.

Comments on all of these streets would be appreciated because I know many would play all of them differently. See if you can figure out what they had?

thanks much.

Joe Tall
08-24-2003, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably 3-bet here, as I likely have the best hand. And the way Empire games are, it's almost a sure thing that I have the best hand. But, since I don't really know who my opponents are, I wanted to see a flop and go from there, especially since my hand was vulnerable to overcards and I'm out of position. Anyway....

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop: 3-bet. You can't convice me and seemingly you're trying to convince yourself but it's a must 3-bet.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I should have coldcalled and saved the checkraise for the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you played it fine as I do for the remainder of the hand.

[ QUOTE ]
See if you can figure out what they had?

[/ QUOTE ]

Empire/Party...eh? Well one had T5s and the other had AK.

Peace,

lil'
08-24-2003, 09:09 PM
Very odd that you wouldn't three bet preflop. Your reasons aren't very good. Other than that, you did a-ok.

ArchAngel71857
08-24-2003, 09:14 PM
3-bet preflop.

this is an odd hand. you check raise the flop, bet out, 3-bet the turn, the check on the river, and the guy still bets. Hhope he doesn't have KK. Seeing as how this Empire, KK is pretty much on the money, and if that's not it then its 72o or better.