PDA

View Full Version : NL tournaments

jess72
08-24-2003, 11:33 AM
I played in a NL tournament at Poker Stars the other night with 577 entrants. I started off fairly aggressive mainly because it was the first tournament I,ve played in. I,ve been studying the game for about 8 weeks along with playing low limit tables. Anyway lets get to the point. By the 2nd hour I was chip leader in the entire tournament!!! I thought I was playing great! But then after being moved to a few different tables, especially the one that ended me in 30th place, I tried to understand what had happened? From what I've been reading I was playing the rush. My blood pressure probably went off the charts. I feel I could've easily won that tounament if I hadn't tilted. Is placing that well unusual for a 1st timer? Granted there was plenty of luck involved. My biggest question is whats the best way to judge my tournament game. Online you really don't know who your playing with. I'd appreciate any comments.

Thanks,
Jess72

eMarkM
08-24-2003, 11:41 AM
The best way for the board to judge your play is to post hands. Reqeust your hand history of the tourney and post the key hands. Use the format I and others have used to show your progression through a tournament. Here's an example of one of mine. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=tourn&Number=290051&Fo rum=All_Forums&Words=263&Match=Username&Searchpage =2&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=290051&Search=true#P ost290051)

Even if you don't want to go to all this trouble to post a detailed report, you should always request a hand history and review your hands yourself.

And congrats on your high finish.