PDA

View Full Version : This is a new one...

leon
08-24-2003, 07:08 AM
I'm playing online last night in what are possibly the softest games on the planet. Multiple people who call 2 cold with any ace, multiple people who play any two sooted, and some loose players who play any two for any amount of bets. In other words, suck out city, but happens to be built on top of a gold mine.

I'm playing 3 tables so it's a little hard to keep track of extraneous action, but at one point I see one player berating another at one of the tables. The critic is new and just sat down. The target is one of the uber-fish who plays any two and will bet with any piece of the board.

So anyway, the critic is flaming away- "how could you call with that? How could you bet into me, get raised, and think you're good?" "You idiot" etc etc. It's impossible to get these people to stop, and in any case I'm not going to educate either player in the hopes that this rant will stop. In other words, status quo in cyberspace.

Fish slaps a bad beat on critic, standard 3-outer on the river. Critic is stuck about 100$ in the space of 2 minutes. Now this is what I haven't seen before- he starts cursing the DEALER for bad cards and bad luck. Literally saying "f'ing ni66er dealer" (words his) and so forth. I mean, we've all seen people curse the dealer in a B+M setting, but ONLINE? And racial comments too, at that. I'm sure the dealer's feelings were hurt- after all, his predecessors fought the cyber-war of freedom and lost many lives, not to mention all the struggles during the online march of '56. Gimme a break.

I'm sure this guy got reported to management, not that I expect them to do anything about it. Someone else at the table has to have been offended by his words. I never take that stuff too seriously but this world has proven there's too many people who do. In any case, I hearby propose the sensible people of the world organize right now to protest "online dealer abuse". Since B+M cardrooms won't change their ways, perhaps a change in cyberspace will show them how to get it done /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Leon

magithighs
08-24-2003, 09:27 AM
Hey was this at PP -- bout a week ago? I was playing with someone who did the exact same thing -- five handed. It really offended me. I tried to make him part with his money, but couldn't get the cards. So I left. That's the beauty of online play -- there's another soft game right around the corner.

leon
08-24-2003, 07:54 PM
It was at Party, if that's what you mean by PP. ACtually I assume you mean paradise on second thought b/c party has 6 handed, not 5 handed games. But anyways, it was at Party.

This guy played badly, but not overly so. I think he actually could make some money if he could keep his emotions in check- there are players on party who are truly awful. It defies imagination- you have to see it for yourself to believe. Alas, he seems to be easily affected by bad beats and as such he won't make it there- the same reason the games are so good is why you get bad beats slapped on you left and right.

Leon