PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tyson doing Martial Arts

Jedi Poker
08-23-2003, 06:01 PM
It turns out that Mike Tyson has signed with the K-1 organization, a Japanese company that promotes kickboxing and ultimate fighting events. How do you guys think Tyson will do in a kickboxing match? How about in an ultimate fighting rules fight? From what I've heard, Tyson has been training in jujitsu, shootfighting, and other forms of grappling arts during the past two years. What do you guys think?

http://ko.sherdog.com/viewnews.cfm?newsid=EpyEyykllAvrBEzRdM

Cyrus
08-24-2003, 05:11 AM
W.W.F.

I don't know what he's waiting for.

Jedi Poker
08-24-2003, 11:52 AM
Tyson did join the WWF a few years ago. He got paid $3 Million for one night. Thomas Hearns and Muhammad Ali have also joined the WWF for one night but I don't know how much they got paid.

Mike Tyson has just challenged World Kickboxing champion Ernesto Hoost to a match. Hoost has already declined a boxing rules match but he is more than willing to do a kickboxing vs. boxing match with Tyson. If Tyson can learn to defend against low kicks, a task that is very easy to learn, I'll take him to knock out Hoost.

Boris
08-25-2003, 01:02 PM
Tyson would almost certainly kick the crap out of anyone in that K-1 thing or Ultimate fighting or whatever. People love to trash the guy but the fact remains that he is a world class athlete. The only guy who ever kicked Tyson's ass that was near to him in size was Holyfield. No doubt the mixed martial arts guys are tough, but if they had what it takes to beat up Tyson they would follow the money and get into boxing.