PDA

View Full Version : call or fold

Whitey
08-23-2003, 05:53 PM
Pokerstars Millionth hand fpp tourney.
Blinds are 200/400 with a 25 ante,400 players remain from 1300 odd starters.
I have been getting dead cards for most of the tourney and there is only about 20 players with less chips than me.

I'm in the big blind and get dealt
7 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Folded round to the small blind who has been regularly stealing,from late position,hes been caught at least 3 times and his stack has been up and down like a yo-yo.

He pauses for about 10secs and raise me all-in in what I think is another obvious steal.Should I call?

Results to follow

curtains
08-23-2003, 06:03 PM
You havent said how many chips you have remaining....so its hard to answer. If you have 2000 chips still Id fold. If you have 1200 or less after posting the 400 blind I would call.....although as you get more chips the decision becomes closer and closer.

Copernicus
08-23-2003, 07:11 PM
76s is a coin-flip against a random hand, but it is only overwhelmed by pocket overpairs. (eg even against AKs of a different suit it is only a 60/40 underdog). If you think his hesitation and past play indicates "ive got a big hand, should I milk it?" you should probably fold unless your close to being blinded out. If his hesitation indicates any weakness to you, I think you should call.

Whitey
08-23-2003, 09:41 PM
Sorry,forgot that bit.I had 1560 left after posting the BB

Al_Capone_Junior
08-23-2003, 10:57 PM
Stack size is important, but it doesn't really matter. Unless you only have a very small amount, say enough to match the blind again, where you're getting around 3:1 on your all-in, then you should still fold anyway. Even if he has J2o, it's still going to be ahead of 76s. Despite his constant raising, I think you have to let him get away with it this time.

al

Whitey
08-24-2003, 08:12 AM
Well I decided to call,more out of being annoyed that this had been the best hand I'd had to defend my blinds with /images/graemlins/confused.gif

He shows J /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and wins when neither of us improve.

As an afterthought what sort of cards are you looking for when defending against a habitual steal?

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-24-2003, 10:09 AM
Easy fold. Think about it. You're behind 8-high.

KC50
08-24-2003, 10:11 AM
Muck...I continue to see so many players with medium stacks call shorter stacks allin bet with hands like the one you mentioned. It's like they feel they are obligated to try and bust a player if they have more chips than they do.

Then they wonder why they never cash.

akaholdem
08-24-2003, 05:10 PM
Call only with two cards 9 or higher